Holy cow.. the heat!!!

Options
we had a record heat day in Arkansas yesterday, with air temps of 114 and a heat index approaching 130, simply brutal. For those of you that do not know me, I should mention that I go to a "old school" gym.. not one of the fancy global-gym corporations or gym in a box franchise places.. no fresh cut flowers, no locker room, and most importantly.. NO AIR CONDITIONING. Normally it will show you new levels of sweaty, but you do get used to it. I love that facility because the training is varied, the owner is highly skilled (most of the customer are high school, college or professional athletes) and the results I get from agility drills, plyo and old school Olympic lifting.

Yesterday the temp inside the gym peaked at 104F, and cooled off to a chilly 103.8. I can assure you that it took a good amount of mental toughness to step foot inside the gym on a day like yesterday, and we were dripping with sweat during the workout. I am not saying this thinking it will impress anyone, and hopefully you are not thinking im crazy either. lol

my point is that I am proud of where I am, and that my workout was important enough to me that I was willing to put up with the conditions in order to get a good workout. six months ago I would have grabbed for ANY excuse to skip a workout, and I ended up skipping about 7 days a week as a result. To find myself looking forward to working out in that hot box, and feeling like a million bucks when I finished was a NSV for me.

(yes, I did have plenty of water.. brought 1/2 gallon with me)

Net result was over 800 calories in less than an hour.

Replies

• BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! Awesome to hear that someone is driven to work so hard...in conditions such as you had described! You are dedicated and sounds like you are going to reach your goal...with determination....and lots of water!
  • JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!