Hello! Trying to lose like 100 lbs ugh!

Options
So, I have lost weight before, but and at it again.

This time I have about 100+ lbs to lose. I also have been having trouble with motavation. I start the day strong, but by the end all is lost! Hoping by posting on here, I might make some friends with similar goals to keep me motivated!

So hi!

PS I'm a 31 year old female who loves books and beer. :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    So what if you instead of starting strong, which takes motivation, that you don't have, because it's horrible, and makes you regain because it was horrible - start out by setting an appropriate calorie target (MFP's suggestion is a good ballpark number), eat food you like, but hit that target, every day, which may mean that you'll need to plan, and make some decisions, but you'll feel happy and confident, and lose and then maintain weight?
  • MinnieMB
    MinnieMB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Where are you from? My friend and I are on the same boat and are very supportive for one another, and of one anothers fashion in how they go about it. I went about my weightloss in a very different fashion this time and for me it's really working and I saw results really fast.
    My favorite drink was vodka, but I have given it up as alcohol pretty much makes my routine useless for almost half a week.
  • John5801
    John5801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Still love books and beer too. Pretty much gave up the beer! A special treat periodically.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and love books and beer. I like you. Added!
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! I lost 215 lbs and have been maintaining since January of 2017. If I can do it, you can! It will seem hard at first but once you get in a routine and see the progress you have made, it will be easier. You got this! Take it 10 lbs at a time! Prayers and best wishes to you!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It's doable. I've dropped 93 lbs in just over a year. I haven't declared any foods off-limits. I just count calories, watch portions, weigh everything I can, and make room for indulgences within reason. Never have been much of a drinker, but I am a book-lover.
  • Kaylene3112
    Kaylene3112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always try to go it alone but this time I am reaching out to be inspired by people with similar challenges. I have 122 pounds or (60kg) to lose which is essentially halving myself and I am struggling with this number. How do you break it up so it is not so daunting. Also I am from Brisbane Australia so keen to hear from fellow Aussies
  • lallibee
    lallibee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the responses and suggestions!

(I typed a much longer reply, but somehow didn't get it posted.)