Guttless Gutters 02/09/09

Options
:flowerforyou: Happy Monday Morning!!! :flowerforyou:

Well GG's, it's the final stretch of this challenge and although we may not all be where we wanted to end up, I know we have all made changes and progress in the right direction!!! :drinker:

Today was my weigh in and I am down another pound...still leaving three to go to reach my :heart: Day goal...will I make it??? probably not, but I am seven pounds lighter than when we started and I have lost inches and am getting stronger and more toned!!! :smokin:

This week I am going to work in more cardio (I fell a bit behind last week), go to my strength class on M-W-F, and do my weight workout on T-Th, along with making healthy choices, and drinking my h2o (another downfall of last week).

What about everyone else??? Share what this challenge has done for you, where you've struggled, and what you are going to do this week to finish this challenge and be proud of yourself for it!!! :flowerforyou:

Have a magnificent Monday!!! :heart:

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Monday Morning!!! :flowerforyou:

Well GG's, it's the final stretch of this challenge and although we may not all be where we wanted to end up, I know we have all made changes and progress in the right direction!!! :drinker:

Today was my weigh in and I am down another pound...still leaving three to go to reach my :heart: Day goal...will I make it??? probably not, but I am seven pounds lighter than when we started and I have lost inches and am getting stronger and more toned!!! :smokin:

This week I am going to work in more cardio (I fell a bit behind last week), go to my strength class on M-W-F, and do my weight workout on T-Th, along with making healthy choices, and drinking my h2o (another downfall of last week).

What about everyone else??? Share what this challenge has done for you, where you've struggled, and what you are going to do this week to finish this challenge and be proud of yourself for it!!! :flowerforyou:

Have a magnificent Monday!!! :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning All! :smile:

T - you've set the bar high in this challenge and you meet it every day with a smile! You rock!! :drinker:

/sappy Hallmark moment

I'm holding off on the scale till Friday, but think I'll be pretty close to my goal. If so, pizza & beers are on me!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :heart:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Morning All! :smile:

T - you've set the bar high in this challenge and you meet it every day with a smile! You rock!! :drinker:

/sappy Hallmark moment

I'm holding off on the scale till Friday, but think I'll be pretty close to my goal. If so, pizza & beers are on me!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :heart:

Aww...that sappy Hallmark moment means so much coming from you...:cry::laugh: Thank you! :flowerforyou:

:drinker: Pizza and beer with Shannon...WOOHOO!!! :drinker: I'm soo there baby! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    GREAT attitude, Theresa! 7# is great since January!

Good morning, Shannon! Can I get a rum & coke instead of that beer? I think it goes better with pizza.:wink:

I'm back to the land of the living. My good computer died on me & the other one just sucks so I was away for all of last week. Talk about feeling disconnected!

My "official" weigh-in day is Wednesday, but I think I'll be mighty close to my goal. If not, I'll weigh-in on Saturday & hope for the best. It's getting close! If all else fails, we can just make it a St. Patty's goal, right? :smile: RIGHT?! :angry:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Same for me - I don't think I'll make the 10# by :heart: day BUT - 8 pounds in the right direction is great - who knows still a few more days...

I've got to quit torturing myself weighing everyday...I know I shouldn't but I do it everyday...

I am up for a St Patty's challenge....bring it on!

Got my hubby to go to gym with my Saturday morning. It was great time together.

He's now lost 33 pounds and fit back into 38s yesterday (from 42s) made me so proud of him!
  • Theresa35
    Options

Good morning, Shannon! Can I get a rum & coke instead of that beer? I think it goes better with pizza.:wink:

I'm back to the land of the living. My good computer died on me & the other one just sucks so I was away for all of last week. Talk about feeling disconnected!

My "official" weigh-in day is Wednesday, but I think I'll be mighty close to my goal. If not, I'll weigh-in on Saturday & hope for the best. It's getting close! If all else fails, we can just make it a St. Patty's goal, right? :smile: RIGHT?! :angry:

Good Morning and WELCOME back!!! We missed you!!! :flowerforyou:

Great job on being close to your goal :drinker: I am doing a final challenge weigh-in on Friday morning...you could do that too.

Have a great day and keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Same for me - I don't think I'll make the 10# by :heart: day BUT - 8 pounds in the right direction is great - who knows still a few more days...

I've got to quit torturing myself weighing everyday...I know I shouldn't but I do it everyday...

He's now lost 33 pounds and fit back into 38s yesterday (from 42s) made me so proud of him!

Chrissy...great job on the eight pounds!!! And yes, there are still a few more day...you could make it!!!

I weight myself every day as well, but don't get too hung up on the ups and downs...you know it's water, etc.

I'm glad you and your husband spent some quality time together at the gym together, that sounds like fun! And that's wonderful on his loss as well...

Take care and keep it up...you are doing great!!! :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Options

You've got 3 kiddos, you can have that rum & coke sans coke! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

You've got 3 kiddos, you can have that rum & coke sans coke! :laugh:

That's usually breakfast.:tongue:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Good job to you AND your hubby! My dh is "trying" to do the exercise thing with me but he's not all that concerned about it. LOL If I can get him to workout twice a week, it is an accomplishment!

Oh, I am also an everyday weigher. It is like a security blanket or something! I'm afraid that if I don't get on the thing every day, it'll start going up & won't stop!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Neither of us ever worked out before so it was very sweet that he's trying so hard too. He's been challenging our son each night with situps and push ups which gets them both going - it's pretty funny. Usually wehn I am at the fitness center it's when my son's baseball team is doing there speed and agility class and my husband's a coach so he's over there with him so it was a first to work out together. He did compliment me on how hard I am working - made me feel great!

Yeah - I think if I don't weigh that I'll get out of control or something....glad to hear it's not just me! OK we need a Weighers Anonymous group......Hi My name is Chrissy and I'm a scale addict...
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    My goal was 5lb by Valentine's day but I don't think I'll make it. I'm actually up 3 lbs. I updated my ticker and new weight lost goal. I have changed my diet. I started the South Beach diet on Saturday. I woke up this morning feeling lighter. I'm not jumping on the scale yet though.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Neither of us ever worked out before so it was very sweet that he's trying so hard too. He's been challenging our son each night with situps and push ups which gets them both going - it's pretty funny. Usually wehn I am at the fitness center it's when my son's baseball team is doing there speed and agility class and my husband's a coach so he's over there with him so it was a first to work out together. He did compliment me on how hard I am working - made me feel great!

Yeah - I think if I don't weigh that I'll get out of control or something....glad to hear it's not just me! OK we need a Weighers Anonymous group......Hi My name is Chrissy and I'm a scale addict...

:laugh:

I fear the scale. That little b@$tard can make or break my day. :embarassed:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    My goal was 5lb by Valentine's day but I don't think I'll make it. I'm actually up 3 lbs. I updated my ticker and new weight lost goal. I have changed my diet. I started the South Beach diet on Saturday. I woke up this morning feeling lighter. I'm not jumping on the scale yet though.

I bet you can have that 3 off by Friday though! :flowerforyou:

Stay tuned for the St. Patrick's Day challenge! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oooohhhh! If I am able to hit my Valentine's Day challenge, the St. Patty's one might just be for my final goal! That would give me 4 weeks to take off 5 pounds! I'm getting a little excited thinking about that one!
  • lpadilla75
    Options

I bet you can have that 3 off by Friday though! :flowerforyou:

Stay tuned for the St. Patrick's Day challenge! :drinker:

Yay! I was hoping a new challenge would start up again.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Welp...:grumble:
    Lets just say I agree that I am ready for the next challenge because I was not mentally ready for this one. I could cite of few excuses but, really what excuse is there for not taking better care of your health.

Right now clothes are not fitting well, very tight and uncomfortable. I also had a taste of spring this weekend and realized how much better I look with a coat on. These 2 factors will be great motivators for the St Pattys Day Challenge.

T, Shannon, 3B, Chrissy, lpad, and Landon (sorry if I left anyone out) it has been a pleasure doing this challenge with U all.

Congrats to everyone.
    :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options

I fear the scale. That little b@$tard can make or break my day. :embarassed:

Preach it sista!

Before - I am in with you for St Patty's
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hello Gutters!!! blowkiss.gif

Friday, I did horrible.......I went over by 400 calories........yes they were all alcohol calories embarrassed.gif

Saturday I did an hour of TaeBo, walked the dog a mile, and Steve and I went ice skating for an hour and a half session. It was sooooo fun!! :drinker: I haven't ice skated since I was like 12 years old :laugh: :tongue: And I managed to not fall either :bigsmile: There were a few close calls but I didn't fall.:drinker: :laugh: I do have a blister on my foot though :frown: :grumble: Those ice skates were so uncomfortable. Kinda felt like ski boots. They hurt :angry:

After that we went home and played drinking games but I did stay within my calories that day. :bigsmile:

Yesterday I maintained......even with the chocolate cake I baked :laugh: I had a small piece and I did ok. Sooooooooooo.....I guess all but Saturday was a maintain weekend and Saturday was a loss. So not good but not bad. I was down a pound Friday morning when I weighed :drinker:

4 lbs to my goal!!!!! Woooooooohooooooooooo!!!!! th_yipee.gifth_yipee.gifth_yipee.gif

Ok...........everybody...........great jobs and keep up the positive attitudes. Even if you didn't lose, I'm sure you learned things and improved in some way shape or form. Everybody have a lovely day!! :smooched: