how much exercise calories do you eat

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Mine are calculated by Apple Watch and I aim to eat all of them. So far so good. I used Fitbit alongside AW for a while and Fitbit always gave me an extra 200 or so each day, which for me would have put me in maintenance.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    All of them, of course.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I aim to eat half, and that's about the average. I listen to my body though and if I'm really hungry I'll eat all of them.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great info, thanks!
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I use fitbit to just find out how many calories are burned during exercise and add those calories in MFP as exercise of the day. for all other caluculations I use MFP . I do not sync the two.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    100% and been maintaining my goal range since April 2016.

I've had a Fitbit Charge HR, a Garmin Forerunner 225, and now a Garmin Fenix 5 in that time. I've let them all sync to MFP.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I eat back all of them. MFP has be set for 1200 calories, so I feel I need to eat those extra calories.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving a couple hundred on the table. But I've set MFP for 1 lb a week loss and can afford to lose more than that, so by not eating all my exercise calories I'm losing ~ 1.5, but on my rest days (today) i have the extra bit to eat.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    None. Since my maintenance numbers on calculator estimators is in the 1400’s I’m only able to trim about 1500 calories to make a weekly deficit anyway. My exercise calories (approx 1/2 hour cardio 6 days a week + weights 2x week) probably give me another 1500 ish so I’m close to on track to losing a nice safe 1lb a week.

If I had more calories to play with I’d probably try to eat to a 1.5 lb ( 5000 to 5500 cal) deficit a week. If that meant I ate some exercise calories- that is what I’d do.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I generally eat back 50% and leave the other 50 as a cushion to cover overestimated fitness burns or underestimated calories. Most weeks, I lose a little more than planned, but not dangerously so. (Currently, I'm 30 lbs or so from goal, 20 lbs or so from the top of my healthy BMI range. I can safely lose about 1 lb/week. I have MFP set to 1/2 lb. On average, I'm losing around a pound a week. So, could I eat back more exercise calories? Yeah, probably. But this way, if I go out to eat with friends and the cheese pizza at my local pizza place that doesn't list calories is cheesier than the Pizza Pizza slice I input into the tracker as 'probably about the same values', well, I've got that buffer.
  • foyezpolash
    foyezpolash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello evry1