Calling all runners and/or graduate students!

Options
Good morning!

I have really enjoyed the knowledge and support I have found using MFP!

One of the greatest aspects of this site is the support.

I am looking to increase my support system on here and would love to have more MFP friends who have similar interests as me, more specifically runners and graduate students!

This fall I will be entering my final year of graduate school, pursuing a degree in Clinical Social Work. After completing my first half marathon this past May, I am also currently training for my next two races (a 10k and a 5k).
Being a graduate student requires a lot of time management and learning to take care of one's stress levels. I am sure some of you can relate. MFP has definitely given me more balance and the tools to make positive decisions for myself, while balancing classes, clinical rotations, and a social life!

If any of you are runners and/or graduate students and would like to be MFP supports to one another, send me a request!

Good luck with all your healthy living choices!

Replies

• biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm both! Well...for 1 more month! I defend my thesis on Sept 7!! :D Anyhoo, add me!

Also, I track mileage on runkeeper.com. So if you use it, you can add me there too! http://runkeeper.com/user/biddysaurus/ I'm trying to run 100 miles in August. :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i completed my post grad this year! lol! whilst working full time and having a 2yr old! so know about lack of time! and i enjoy running! so have sent request
  • SWgal
    SWgal Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm both! Well...for 1 more month! I defend my thesis on Sept 7!! :D Anyhoo, add me!

Also, I track mileage on runkeeper.com. So if you use it, you can add me there too! http://runkeeper.com/user/biddysaurus/ I'm trying to run 100 miles in August. :)

Good luck on your thesis defense!
    Thanks for letting me know about www.runkeeper.com I have never used it before but will definitely check it out!
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    ooooh great idea! I am starting medical school next week. I would love the support of other grad students! gonna be sooooo busy but must.find.time to workout!

I wouldn't call myself a runner perse - but I do really enjoy running. this week I have been running WITH my Turbo Fire exercises. figure best to get in as much exercise as possible before med school starts and then just focus on daily Turbo Fire exercises. nice to meet you all!
  • SWgal
    Options
    i completed my post grad this year! lol! whilst working full time and having a 2yr old! so know about lack of time! and i enjoy running! so have sent request

YOU ARE A WONDER WOMAN! wow! I can't even imagine adding having a two year old to that list! But that's amazing!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

YOU ARE A WONDER WOMAN! wow! I can't even imagine adding having a two year old to that list! But that's amazing!

haha, dont know about wonder woman. just organised i guess! :)
  • SWgal
    Options
    ooooh great idea! I am starting medical school next week. I would love the support of other grad students! gonna be sooooo busy but must.find.time to workout!

I wouldn't call myself a runner perse - but I do really enjoy running. this week I have been running WITH my Turbo Fire exercises. figure best to get in as much exercise as possible before med school starts and then just focus on daily Turbo Fire exercises. nice to meet you all!

Good luck starting medical school! I love the plan of getting as much exercise in as possible. I have the next four weeks off until I go back to my clinical rotation and classes and I am spending as much of it as possible being active!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm a marathon runner, full-time worker and I'm actually still working on the last half of my undergrad.
  • SWgal
    Options
    Full-time working and student? Great reason to be running! I too worked full time as an undergrad and it is no easy feat! Good luck!
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner...I go more for distance over speed. And just completed my MA in Community Counseling in May. Spending the summer trying to get rid of the 20-ish pounds I gained during grad school. Apparently running and other sports weren't enough! Then again when you barely have time to breathe let alone cook this is what happens (I should say "I" or "me" can't judge your schedule-ha) Sending you a request