could this be causing my weight gain ?

Hey guys !
So , sorry to be such an annoyance , but I just realized that I've been in a deficit for 2 weeks now and I am still gaining weight ! Now , many of you suggested that this may be due to introducing new exercise. Now it occurred to me that a couple of weeks ago , I used to exercise only on my elliptical. Now ,I use both a mini stepper and the elliptical. Could this be causing the weight gain ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Sometimes when people add new exercises or exercise at a higher intensity, it causes some temporary water retention, sure.

How much have you gained?
  • Polaretapink
    Polaretapink Posts: 25 Member
    Sometimes when people add new exercises or exercise at a higher intensity, it causes some temporary water retention, sure.

How much have you gained?

2lbs
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    2 lbs is well within normal fluctuations. Make sure your logging is spot on though. Food scale for all solids and semi solids, cups/spoons for liquids.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    If you are menstruating, your weight will fluctuate due to fluid retention related to fluctuating hormones, and that could easily mask fat lost through deficit eating. If it was me, I would continue as is for another 3 weeks and re-assess.
  • Polaretapink
    Polaretapink Posts: 25 Member
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    If you are menstruating, your weight will fluctuate due to fluid retention related to fluctuating hormones, and that could easily mask fat lost through deficit eating. If it was me, I would continue as is for another 3 weeks and re-assess.

I'm on the pill and I only menstruate once every 16 weeks , so not possible