New Food Ideas (going grocery shopping)

Options
kls79
kls79 Posts: 34 Member
I'm looking for new food ideas. What are some of the things you MUST have in the fridge/pantry to get through the week/month?
THANKS!!

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I can't survive without Daikon...I have to eat it like three times a week!
  • mhaynes96
    mhaynes96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband and I recently started using quinoa as a rice substitute. We love it! Extra protein and fiber and it tastes great!

5098769.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, and yogurt!
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    cocoa roasted amonds! in the 100 cal packs!

kashi go lean cereal to mix with vanilla light yogurt

watermelon!!
  • m5johnson
    m5johnson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yogurt :)
  • katiebug3268
    katiebug3268 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just found Vitamuffins (100 calories per muffin and taste awesome) good for a snack or breakfast. There are these sandwhich thins that are only 100 calories per roll and make an awesome toast for either peanut butter and jelly sandwich or used as a pizza crust topped with marinaria, cheese, sliced turkey, and bellpeppers. Another must have for me is asparagus and cherries. They are both low fat and low in calories. Feel free to look at my food dairy. Good luck!!!!
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    edamame packets. frozen fruit (for smoothies). chobani yogurt. edy's no sugar popsicles.
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been buying quinoa and cous cous for my family instead of a pasta or rice carb. THey are both higher in protien and fiber. Also Greek yogurt, and hormels natural line of luch meats. Switched to 12 grain bread instead of white, its got so much protein and fiber.
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Fruits and veggies... I keeps strawberries, pineapples, grapes, peaches, romaine lettuce, skinless boneless chicken, green red and orange peppers, string cheese on my frig... I am a snacker...
  • jsczmaltz
    Options
    Oscar Meyer Carving Board Turkey 7.5oz. 225 calories, sodium is just a little high. Walmart sells for $3.48
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, blueberries, strawberries, ground turkey.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people suggesting things like processed boxed and prepackaged foods, chemically-induced lunchmeats instead of healthy meats and such. If you want to truly be good to your body and make positive life changes, I would seriously avoid these things at all costs. They are bad for you, dangerous, and just plain unhealthy! Stick to the suggestions about whole grains, fruits, and veggies (and good, hormone-free meat if you eat meat) and you'll be golden :-)
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and fresh fruit (bananas, grapes, and watermelon are the musts at our house). Aldi has these orange/vanilla sorbert bars made by Fit and Active that are SOOO GOOD and are only 110 calories. Awesome cold, sweet treat for the summer months.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    discovered emerald almonds 100 cal pack, just the right amount in there. $3.79 at grocery store for 7 pks, seems a little high . but I have to buy it that way or i'd eat the whole can, so this way i get a pk a day.

green bell peppers, pineapples, blueberries, oranges, apples, lettuce, and liquid egg whites.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    string cheese, frozen fruit, and yogurt. :)
  • marlisold
    marlisold Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow
  • momburntdinner
    momburntdinner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people suggesting things like processed boxed and prepackaged foods, chemically-induced lunchmeats instead of healthy meats and such. If you want to truly be good to your body and make positive life changes, I would seriously avoid these things at all costs. They are bad for you, dangerous, and just plain unhealthy! Stick to the suggestions about whole grains, fruits, and veggies (and good, hormone-free meat if you eat meat) and you'll be golden :-)

I do agree that natural food, fresh fruit and veggies,and horomone-free meat are the best. But for a lot of us (me, at the very least) buying these things all the time for my family of 3 is far too costly and unrealistic.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    A new thing I've been keeping around for a snack or a meal is corn tortillas, fat free refried beans and 2% milk chedder cheese. I make bean and cheese quesadillas out of it. Yum!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have to have Yo Crunch yogurt, bell peppers, cucumbers, blueberries, tuna, salmon, Frigo Cheesehead sticks, Diet Green Tea, and Romaine Lettuce in my fridge almost constantly.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I do agree that natural food, fresh fruit and veggies,and horomone-free meat are the best. But for a lot of us (me, at the very least) buying these things all the time for my family of 3 is far too costly and unrealistic.

i agree, and this morning on Good Morning America i think it was, they were saying how costly it is to eat fresh or organic and healthy