XC-skiing

Options
I'm a big xc skiing fan who completes the Birkie race in Wisconsin each year. I'm looking for others out there who would like to meet up for some skiing or to keep each other accountable online. I'm in Minnesota and you can catch me at clearly lake, highland or Theodore Worth mostly. If your a skier and want to keep motivated on your training, let me know!

Replies

• Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love cross country skiing, but I like to do it alone :) I can't keep up with anyone, and I don't want to feel like I have to. Don't want to hold anyone back either. There's nothing like breaking a sweat in zero degree weather. Have fun this winter!
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I really want to try some biathlon. There's a couple places within 2 hours North of me in New Hampshire or Vermont. Otherwise, I spend some time on ungroomed trails around here, all classic. I'm not coordinated to skate ski B)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I love skiing. Head out to the Methow Valley every winter, plus snow parks in the more southerly Cascades like around Snoqualmie.
  • ZombieSalmon
    ZombieSalmon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @scorpio516 let me know if you find any affordable .22's or have recommendations. I've would love to try one too, but the cost has kept me back so far. I already had to buy new skis and Boots this year.

Glad to see some shirts on here!

I'm on Endomondo @zombiesalmon if anyone wants some online motivation. Your speed of distance is no biggie. I've found it's just getting out there can be tough with work and family. It helps me to know others are making it out too
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @scorpio516 let me know if you find any affordable .22's or have recommendations. I've would love to try one too, but the cost has kept me back so far. I already had to buy new skis and Boots this year.

I was looking a little bit ago:
    Someone makes a new action for the Ruger 10/22 that gets rid of the semi-auto changes it to a thumb toggle.

Someone makes biathlon stocks for the Savage Mark 2. Eastern Sierra something or another. Still a regular bolt action though.

Neither of these are going to cycle as fast as an Anschultz or Izh, but couple thousand less, and personally my ski speed is what would hurt me more than an extra second or two over 5 rounds ;)