Gaining Weight Back is my Biggest Fear Please Help!!!

egyptianwhitley90
egyptianwhitley90 Posts: 9 Member
edited November 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hello Everybody,
I'm not yet at my goal weight but I just have a huge fear that when I do get to my goal weight that I would end up gaining it all back! 2 years ago I started out with being 180 and lost weight and got to 139 with my goal weight being 130 so all I ended up doing was going back to overeatting and gaining it all back which is so frustrating but to be honest throughout my diet I did have cheat meals that resulted in overeating. This year I was pregnant and I had my daughter but after having her I ate everything. I weighed myself and I was 196. I told myself this is ridiculous I need to eat right and exercise. I went on a keto diet with a goal of 20 net carbs, high fat, and moderate protein and stayed dedicated to it along with exercise with no cheating at all whatsoever and still didn't cheat I dont have cravings like that. Today I am weighing 148 with my goal being 130. I am very excited that I'm doing so well and looking in the mirror feels great! But I fear so much in gaining it all back when I reach my goal. I already have it planned to maintain at a certain amount of calories that myfitnesspal tells me and I plan on continuing exercise but in my diet I have not had bread, sugar, and soda at all so does that mean to maintain my weight I can't ever have it again? Although I rarely have cravings I still miss ice cream , fries or fried chicken etc . For those of you who lost all of your weight and is still maintaing it very well, can you give me advice on how you did it? Is it possible to have dessert if so how often and how much? How about fried foods, how do you limit it if you do eat it? I'm so sorry this is so long I'm just really bugging out about it and any advice is appreciated. Thank you everyone and congrats to everybody who reach their goal weight its very encouraging to see others make it ☺

Replies

• Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    I've just started maintaining. To do this I will 1) weigh myself daily and log it and 2) keep weighing and logging my food.
    I do have dessert. But it might be 1/2 a mango, with 1/2 a container of plain greek yoghurt on the top. Or a dried fig. I try to eat fairly filling foods to fend off hunger.
    You can have anything, within your calorie goal. Eat within that calorie goal for your long term good health.
    Everyone has their own methods or set of rules of achieving this that work for them. You have to find out what will work for you. Make a list of possible options, pick a few and try them. If they don't work, try something else that might.
  • Yoyoghurt wrote: »
    I've just started maintaining. To do this I will 1) weigh myself daily and log it and 2) keep weighing and logging my food.
    I do have dessert. But it might be 1/2 a mango, with 1/2 a container of plain greek yoghurt on the top. Or a dried fig. I try to eat fairly filling foods to fend off hunger.
    You can have anything, within your calorie goal. Eat within that calorie goal for your long term good health.
    Everyone has their own methods or set of rules of achieving this that work for them. You have to find out what will work for you. Make a list of possible options, pick a few and try them. If they don't work, try something else that might.

You are very right...thank you so much I will definitely try this
  • Of course you can maintain and eat those foods, just like you can eat them during your weight loss phase.

It's all about making them work with the calorie goal you have for whatever you're trying the achieve (loss vs maintenance)

How often and what you eat is up to you.
    Thank you so much for your advice, it feels better that I don't have to let them go completely.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I don't have anything to say except hi fellow Egyptian!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    When you hit your goal weight you have a new goal: to maintain the rest of your life. Every day you do it you get to say 'yay!' . It's not exciting and it's not hard. It's just something you do.