How do I manage my diet for a leaner frame
WITHOUT losing my chest and glutes ????? —-
I have more stomach fat than I like ,
and I can definitely workout more along with cleaner eating ... —-
When I had lost 70 lbs ( left pic ) ,
I loved my flatter / firmer stomach ...
but I lost my chest and butt ... —-
I was eating around 700-1,000 cal. / day ... —
I managed to fit in all protein, fiber, vitamins, etc. ...
— I was working out hard and training legs/ butt intensely —
I think my macros were off for my desired results ... ——
NOW, —-I need advice on how to manage my eating to trim up the areas I need BUT also keep a curvy figure in all the right areas ...
Help

yltk79vgj8eg.jpeg

Replies

• Lisa_JustMe_Lisa
    Lisa_JustMe_Lisa Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am thinking 150 lbs would be ideal
    I just want to have more of a figure than just appearing flat all over ...
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Then I would focus on losing the 20lbs first and do strength training, and look into recomp. That will help you shape your body the way you're wanting to, there are some stickies in one of the forums that explain recomp. And again, don't go below 1200.
  • Lisa_JustMe_Lisa
    Lisa_JustMe_Lisa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You gained a bunch of fat in your butt. Losing fat will mean you lose it in your butt. There's no way to stop that. If you had written that over the past year you worked on building your glutes and now just want to cut excess fat it might be a different outcome but from my reading of your post, it sounds like that's not what you did.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I don't think you look "flat" in the 140 lbs. photo. You have curves. I'd love to have that body (again)!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I agree! You look great! I know what you mean though. I've lost a lot of weight and I went down 2 cup sizes. The girls are definitely not what I wanted to lose. But my hubby is happy so...
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    Options
    Yes. If you lose weight, you will lose your butt. That was one of my dilemmas (although, your butt now looks great to me. People pay to have that...mines didn't look quite like that..i wish.. lol..) Even when I was squatting 110lbs, I thought it would help, but it didn't. My shoulders got broader and my curves went away. This time around, I am going to lift heavy, but not as heavy as before, and do more reps, instead of using programs such as the 5x5x5. It is a tricky balance. Just depends what you want for your shape and body. Everyone is different. I'm still trying to figure it out. lol
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. I don't think it's possible to chose what you keep as you lose sadly, just as you can't choose where the weight comes off, but you can also do recomp when you're closer to goal and build up the gluts if you're wanting a larger butt. That's what' I'm planning to do as I've noticed that the weight seems to be coming off my legs and butt first =(
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    DanishFeta wrote: »
    I think you look great. I don't think it's possible to chose what you keep as you lose sadly, just as you can't choose where the weight comes off, but you can also do recomp when you're closer to goal and build up the gluts if you're wanting a larger butt. That's what' I'm planning to do as I've noticed that the weight seems to be coming off my legs and butt first =(

You can't choose which areas of fat to keep, but muscle you can (at least you can increase the chances, provided there is muscle in those areas to keep)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Just go back to the basics and start working on losing the 20 pounds at a slower rate of loss between .5 and 1 pound a week (last 10 pounds slow it down to .5) and follow a strength training progressive overload program, and consume adequate protein in your diet.

Work on body composition changes now. You can build back muscle and under ideal conditions you can gain some muscle while in a calorie deficit, they will taper down but you can maintain muscle as you remain in a calorie deficit till you reach target weight goal. Then you can move right into recomp.