Eating pizza and getting abs

Options
So tonight i am going to get a pizza from the supermarket. Obviously this pizza is going to be healthier than a takeaway one and i will also chose the healthier options! But will eating this pizza (all of it) ruin my progress and results or is it okay to have a pizza ??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Even if its really high in carbs does it not matter about consuming too many carbs in one sitting ??

Do you have a medical reason to monitor carbs?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs? They may make you retain more water, but that doesn't stop your fat loss.
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Pizza is one of the essential food-groups! And no, a pizza once in a while won't undo the good work.
  • hattieandoscar
    hattieandoscar Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone !!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza and pasta and all things carbs often. Oh man is that why I don't have a 6-pack? :p
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    All of the above but to add, your supermarket pizza isn’t any “healthier” than a takeaway one. As long as it fits your calories and your overall diet is meeting your goals then have at any pizza you want.
  • hattieandoscar
    Options
    All of the above but to add, your supermarket pizza isn’t any “healthier” than a takeaway one. As long as it fits your calories and your overall diet is meeting your goals then have at any pizza you want.

At a takeaway though you don’t know what they use or the calories ect..
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited November 2017
    Options

They use pizza toppings, just like the factories that mass produce frozen pizza. I'd say the ingredients are probably better and more fresh. Calories have nothing to do with the healthiness of a food...

And Mmm.. Pizza... I'm having one for dinner tonight.
  • spiro413x
    spiro413x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate people who food shame. No, eating this one pizza isn't going to ruin your progress if you manage your calories. Anything can fit in your calories budget if you plan for it. There is no such thing as an "un-eatable" food when it comes weight loss. CICO is king.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, calories are king. Macros don't affect weight in any permanent way.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    If you were able to eat 5000 calories of veggies, you would still gain weight. It is not what you eat, but how many calories you consume that matters.

Now i would say as well sugars have a lot of calories and for the most part are not very filling. So you would end up eating more and go over your calorie goal.

Since I have started I have eaten less food as before, but I have yet to feel hungry. I think this is due to eating more filling foods that are healthier.
  • hattieandoscar
    Options

They use pizza toppings, just like the factories that mass produce frozen pizza. I'd say the ingredients are probably better and more fresh. Calories have nothing to do with the healthiness of a food...

However a pizza from takeaway they don’t tell you the calories or nutrition, whereas supermarket ones do. Also how come people that are like really muscular and good abs say you should eat like chicken , sweet potato, brown rice ect... they always shame takeaways and “bad foods” ??
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

However a pizza from takeaway they don’t tell you the calories or nutrition, whereas supermarket ones do. Also how come people that are like really muscular and good abs say you should eat like chicken , sweet potato, brown rice ect... they always shame takeaways and “bad foods” ??

Like i said, calories have diddly squat to do with the healthiness of a food. Most chain restaurants provide nutritional information.

Many fitness people now advocate IIFYM. I rarely eat chicken, or sweet potatoes, and never eat brown rice fwiw.