Trying again

Options
Hello!! My name is Sara. I am 29, will be the dirty 30 in January! I have a three year old little girl, and I am a 3rd grade teacher. I have been heavy all of my life. 5 years ago, my husband and I saw a flyer for a weight loss challenge, and we decided to do it. We had tremendous success, and eventually became very involved with all things fitness and diet. My husband lost 100 pounds, and I lost 85. I became very involved with Zumba classes and Body Pump classes. I became addicted to seeing results. It became just an addiction, just like food was for me. I found a replacement. I began to isolate myself, and did absolutely nothing exercise, count my calories, and stress about not seeing results. In January of 2014, I found out I was pregnant. I used the "eating for two" excuse to indulge, and the "growing a baby is so exhausting" excuse for skipping out on exercise.
So now here I am 3 years after having my daughter, heavier than where I started years ago. I have cried many years of failure, and beat up on myself enough. I am ready to get healthy! I am ready to be able to ride fun amusement park rides with my daughter, Myla. This time around, I am older and I am wiser. I know obsessing over every calorie eaten and burned will not make me successful. I have joined a Jazzercise class, and I have been attending weekly. Feel free to add me!! I love seeing the success of hardwork!

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! :)
  • smccully88
    smccully88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, All the best!!
  • Dallen8585
    Dallen8585 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You got this! This is my first time here and I’m also looking for motivation and support! I’ll be here if you wanna chat and be friends!
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here we go = lets get going - sent a friend request
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • WatchitBeginAgain
    WatchitBeginAgain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is not uncommon. I have lost/gained over 100 lbs multiple times. It always comes back as more. I am trying for WLS this time. Good luck, and feel free to send a friend request if you are interested in motivation partners.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There are many of us for whom this is a second (or third or fourth) attempt. Good luck to you!