Motivation buddies wanted

Hi, been using MFP on and off for a few years now, got about 1 stone to loose, but struggling with motivation.

Looking for buddy to keep each other motivated.

I like being in the outdoors and enjoy outdoor activities such as hill walking and cycling to create calorie deficit as opposed to the gym, however we are coming into Winter here in Scotland which limits my outdoor activities.

Feel free to add me as friend.

Good luck with your Journey.

Allan

Replies

• weightwatcher490
    weightwatcher490 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi there Allan- I have been on and off MFP for the last several years now too- and when I just got back on, I found I am 7 pounds heavier than I was last time I was here- so things are not good. I would appreciate having a buddy or buddies to stay in touch with daily - it helps me with accountability. I have also found so many people here on MFP are like me...they are here today, gone tomorrow and likely aren’t making progress either. My issue is that I love sweets and will often eat without much thought to whether or not I am hungry. If I track calories, I am great, but if not, it all goes to hell. I am a former fitness instructor and still take classes a few mornings during the week. I have 2 horses and ride as often as possible- but in the US, winter is on the way so it’s getting colder and it gets dark before I get home from work. That limits weekday riding. If you feel up for the challenge of being committed to MFP so we can keep each other stay motivated, let me know and I will add you as a friend.
  • dolfinah74
    dolfinah74 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello. I am also in need of motivation, especially days like Thanksgiving. Other days I need some as well, I am good for supporting others too. Feel free to add me! I would love to broaden my circle.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 404 Member
    edited November 2017
    We are here to offer support.,,,
    But Motivation comes from within. :)

WHAT YOU THINK -
    YOU BECOME!
    (Buddha :D
  • dansing83
    dansing83 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm looking for some friends for this journey as well. I'm 55, have lost 16 lbs and been on my fitness pal for a little over 100 days. I like to exercise but have physical limitations so can't just do whatever I want like I could when I was younger. I also love sugar. Waayyyy to much. My goal is to lose another 25 lbs and then see how I'm feeling. I could loose another 30 lbs from there but getting to a weight I can maintain for the rest of my life is really important. I'm planning on continuing to log when I reach my goal because I need accountability.
  • dolfinah74
    dansing83 wrote: »
    I'm looking for some friends for this journey as well. I'm 55, have lost 16 lbs and been on my fitness pal for a little over 100 days. I like to exercise but have physical limitations so can't just do whatever I want like I could when I was younger. I also love sugar. Waayyyy to much. My goal is to lose another 25 lbs and then see how I'm feeling. I could loose another 30 lbs from there but getting to a weight I can maintain for the rest of my life is really important. I'm planning on continuing to log when I reach my goal because I need accountability.

I got you! Let’s do this and get healthier together!
  • dolfinah74
    Good morning guys. Just ate my Sunday breakfast and off to my walk. Going to try for a mile, with minimal breaks. Gotta get my legs and joints stronger. What are you guys doing today?
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    ATR_JoCo_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you for sharing your stories. I'm looking to increase my circle of support, as well. Wishing everyone all the best.