Eggs/breakfast preparation

Options
So I’m trying to find a way to make it easier/quicker to eat breakfast in the morning (i like to wait to eat until I get to work otherwise I need an extra meal because I’m hungry for lunch so early. Also, if I don’t bring my own breakfast I end up eating junk from the cafeteria). So I would like to scramble eggs ahead of time for the week maybe add in peppers etc. Then just microwave when I get to work. I’m wondering if anyone has done that and if eggs are good rewarmed after a couple days? Or any tips on preparing them?

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I buy the southwest eggbeaters. comes with peppers already in it. Throw in a microwave egg cooker for 30 seconds and done if its for a sandwich, if its more then stir and another 20 or so. I throw a breakfast sandwich together in the time it takes for the toaster, wrap it up and head out the door.
  • lsmithcurrie
    lsmithcurrie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, eggs are great warmed up. One thing you can do is to make eggs in a muffin tin (they can be frozen). Here is how: https://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    mllc2017 wrote: »
    So I would like to scramble eggs ahead of time for the week maybe add in peppers etc. Then just microwave when I get to work. I’m wondering if anyone has done that and if eggs are good rewarmed after a couple days?

It seems to work for the egg sandwiches they sell at Starbucks - they're shrink wrapped to keep out the air presumably, then heated by a barista in the microwave. You know those suckers have to be more than a couple days old.
  • pumasareace
    pumasareace Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make an omelette the night before and wrap it in foil to eat the next day. It doesnt taste bad at all, even when not reheated.

Or if you want another alternative try Mascorpone and Egg pancakes. They are SO simple to make; 1oz (30g) of Mascorpone to 1 egg, mix it thoroughly so its a nice smooth batter, then put in the frying pan. You can add in all sorts of other things like vanilla essence, almond/coconut flour, cocoa powder etc. That is my go to snack when I am bored of eating normal egg type meals like omelette.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I make egg cups with bacon - similar to the recipe that @lsmithcurrie posted above.

Spray a muffin tin with oil. Roll a strip of bacon into a circle and place it in the cup. Add veggies that you like - I have used celery, kale, bell peppers, mushrooms - whatever is on hand. Crack an egg and scramble it - season it with salt, pepper, garlic, hot sauce, etc. Pour in over the vegetables.

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate. Reheat in the microwave. They will keep for a week or so in the refrigerator.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches (I found the recipe on sweet peas and saffron) and also make crustless quiche. Oatmeal is another good option to have with a fried egg and some sauteed mushrooms, spinach or bell peppers.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can microwave raw eggs and they come out great. Fill your tupperware with whatever stuff you want (peppers, spinach, tomato, onion, meat, cheese etc) and then crack the eggs over it and stir. Don't microwave it until you get to work so it's fresh. Depending on how many eggs and mix-ins you have, it might take 3- 5 minutes total.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    You can microwave raw eggs and they come out great. Fill your tupperware with whatever stuff you want (peppers, spinach, tomato, onion, meat, cheese etc) and then crack the eggs over it and stir. Don't microwave it until you get to work so it's fresh. Depending on how many eggs and mix-ins you have, it might take 3- 5 minutes total.

I do this... Mine generally takes 8 minutes though!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    have you ever made an egg bake? The ladies at my church make it and it's basically the egg with peppers/cheese/sometime tomatoes, and I've had that reheated and it's good.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options

Great idea. I have some small glass containers with lids. Put the veggies in there. Take a couple of raw eggs and put it together at meal time. Brilliant!

Thank you!

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Great idea. I have some small glass containers with lids. Put the veggies in there. Take a couple of raw eggs and put it together at meal time. Brilliant!

Thank you!

I crack the eggs in before I go - saves transporting whole raw eggs!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I often make extra scrambled eggs on weekends and save a serving or 2 to reheat later in the week. I think they're one of the best things to reheat, especially with a little fresh cheese on top.
  • refugeefromkekistan
    Options
    Sorry if you're only looking for eggs ideas, but overnight oats freaking changed my life. I get that Bobs Red Mill steel cut, 1/2 cup in the container with some water, pop in the fridge at night (or any time earlier) and in the morning its ~2 minutes in the microwave, add whatever you want (almond butter, some greek yogurt and protein powder are my go-tos). I used to skip breakfast a lot and now on Sundays I put 5 containers in the fridge, every day is ready to go and some days it's apple sauce and a couple squares of dark chocolate, keep changing it up. Just my 2 cents maybe try it.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options

Thank you!

I crack the eggs in before I go - saves transporting whole raw eggs!

Okiedokey! I'll try that. Grazie!