Has anyone used Jenny Craig or frozen meals to get to goal

Options
I used Jenny Craig a couple years ago and stuck with it for 6 months. I lost about 35lbs. I kept it off for about 9 months then fell back into old habits of emotional eating. I’m considering going back because the structure of frozen meals really helps with my nurse schedule. What are your thoughts on Jenny Craig? I will work with my coach and support group to make it a lifestyle. Which is something I didn’t do before. Thanks for your feedback!

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I second the healthy choice brand. I love their steamers. I take one of those, add half a bag of frozen veg that 'matches' and eat that for lunch frequently.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with frozen or pre-made stuff at all. But, I agree that using a plan like Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, South Beach, Atkins etc, isn't going to work for the rest of your life. It's okay to rely on those types of things for a while but I wouldn't want to only be able to eat those and not know what else would be a good option.

Try to build a plan that incorporates the frozen/pre-made stuff but also balances it out with your own meals. The majority of those frozen meals can easily be replicated without much effort.

And, I agree with the above. Some of the pre-made meals can be majority improved by just adding some extra veggies. Lean Cuisine has a cheesy, potato bowl that is awesome with added broccoli, peppers and tomato. Top it with chicken for extra protein!
  • kathleensamuels
    kathleensamuels Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Which supermarket do you get the healthy choice steamers from?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    For convenience, I love the Birdseye and green giant "single serve" steamers. With a piece of frozen meat(or 2) and a couple slices cheese. It's relatively quick and easy single dish microwave meal
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

depending on where you live- but i don't think i've seen a supermarket that doesn't have them available
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine frozen meals for lunch. They are easily stored in the work freezer so I never get caught without a lunch and have to go out. Some of them are not too filling so make sure you have some veggies or fruit just in case it doesn't hold you over until dinner (or bedtime if you are eating it for dinner).
  • AbbyPort89
    AbbyPort89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I find them everywhere. Walmart, Smith’s/Kroger, Harmans, target etc.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I tried some different brands, but couldn't find anything tbat I coykd stand eatung for more than a couple weeks.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I eat 1-2 healthy choice frozen meals a day (they vary between 250-300 calories each), plus a protein shake for breakfast, and a few other snacks throughout the day. Losing average 3 pounds a week.

Keep an eye on the sodium levels, Health Choice meals are really the only ones I could find that are acceptable. They are honestly my go to lunch/dinner. $2.50 a pop, can't be beat. They taste good as well, even my family members that aren't dieting eat them regularly.
    Momepro wrote: »
    I tried some different brands, but couldn't find anything tbat I coykd stand eatung for more than a couple weeks.

Healthy Choice Streamers has like 15 variants. Doesn't get old if you buy 2-3 of each and rotate them.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If it helps do it, absolutely.
    But you can also DIY a Jenny Craig diet, which might actaully be easier, cheaper and tastier. You can google "weight loss using the frozen meals" or something like that.
    Do some sort of frozen meal and add to it a frozen steamer veggie for bulk and extra nutrition.