1000 days later and still learning

alias1001
alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
It stuck. 1000 day streak and maintenance for over 2 years! I think I can finally do a Successes post. :)

Stats:
Started March 2, 2015
5'1"
Sedentary
SW: 133
GW: 110
2nd GW: 105

Lowest weight: 102
Current maintenance range: 110-113

e83fba890d9d0362b3c9523cab4b3c4b?Expires=1511627181&Signature=dYBcWrg8msH2cQTZdHKdH~MnDsyZIlPpgOXupX7fQn0toWjtuHIYeTX6MezfmMojPFk3JtPjwytCIeBkO7Dt0GxoPoKGFeviN4ZPfb0B-EVkr83tv8mO9a0vOg2QFsTkHkHYBwVrhpOa95peY1eE1j2c68Sbm1SN98nttgjhBP2NhcqKn3Dc1p5ETvq1kJKHIkKsLRxhkhQofzLcszBoXCsUq6gASyLRdzSihY3qLBXRop4MckcMUyxbIqKJxGvr7lPegOjPQQftdRsMGQgw7FTC3juDrqpPAX8WG~nspEf1sas8hGrLxdFKnxCDlQr6CfnAcSyGusLCa~p1~CFPKw__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJ4QPA2RVER6YBIAQ

I first signed up for MFP in 2011, and my longest streak was maybe 100 days. I lost weight a couple of times but always seemed to revert to bad habits. For me, this has meant I learned that must always log my meals. Maybe I'm 95% accurate, but I know what works for me.

It was either buy new clothes or get serious. Losing weight meant 1200 calories, a contentious issue around here but I'm short, and I've gotten used to it. When I lost the first few pounds I wanted to make sure I kept losing, I started exercising. I started a Couch to 5K program, and it helped me get into a serious mind frame. Why back out when I ran all those damn intervals?

It turns out I hate running, though. I then started with You Are Your Own Gym. Slowly but surely I made my way through the program and put on muscle, got stronger, and more fit. The weight kept coming off. Today I do a mix of YAYOG, PiYO, and Fitness Blender workouts 5x a week. No leaving home, minimal equipment, no excuses. PiYO is great by the way despite the fact that Chalene is 20% too peppy for my tastes.

Hit my goal in September 2015. I still don't know what my ideal maintenance calories are as my weight has not stopped changing. I suspect it might only be 1350 without exercise, and MFP gives me 1420. For a while, it concerned me that I was back over that dreaded watermark (110), but the scale does not matter all that much if your clothes fit the same. I'm still learning all this time later.

Some general advice:
Nothing is off limits. Moderation is key.
Food should stay in the kitchen.
Don't drink calories (unless as a treat).
Enjoy an indulgent meal once in a while.
1200 calories is possible. Lean protein and veggies and a bit of creativity can make this less painful.
Exercise is for fitness. And if you want to be fit, you have to be consistent.
It's cliche, but it is a lifestyle change. Whatever you do for weight loss, expect to do some form of it for the rest of your life.

For me, that means logging. See you at day 2000!

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    You look fabulous- love that you did it with eating right and exercise- no gimmicks- no diet pills etc- PS I have considered doing PiYo- I am not the most athletic of girls- Is it doable?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Great persistence and sensible changes!

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    debtay123 wrote: »
    You look fabulous- love that you did it with eating right and exercise- no gimmicks- no diet pills etc- PS I have considered doing PiYo- I am not the most athletic of girls- Is it doable?

@debtay123 It is doable as there is someone who modifies all the workouts in every video. While it low impact they are quite challenging. Good luck and hope you find something you can stick with!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Congrats!! But you don’t have to wait 1000 days to celebrate your next milestone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!