Anyone taken Adipex and got good results and keep the weight off?

Options
Hey everyone. I started Adipex yesterday and wanted to know if there are any real people out there that have taken it and had good results.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    It's also meant to only be taken for a few weeks according to drugs.com, so not a long-term solution.
  • embtreas
    embtreas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken that one but did use another type that is similar. I used it to kick my sugar addiction and it worked well. Then I stopped the tablets and kept up no processed sugars a lot easier. Without the physical withdrawal from sugar affecting me too much, I am now focused on a balanced diet and am on my way to my goal weight. I know that the tablet should not be taken lightly (my doc made me have an ecg first) and only a short term crutch so I can get ahead. Dont waste time, use the extra energy to get focussed, plan your new way of eating and start an exercise routine, this will help you whe you stop the tablets.
    Best of luck and ignore any negative comments, everyone has to live their own truth and sometimes written comments come across more harsh than intended
  • spikeraw22
    spikeraw22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As with all drugs used for weight loss, it's not a magic pill. It will help you, but if you want to be healthy you'll have to institute lifestyle habits that promote long term well being. This can help you get there though. The studies are out there. It works. Just don't count on it as the savior.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty anti-any drug, but I did take this to see if it would help me get some appetite control because I was feeling desperate. It definitely worked for that purpose. Without a doubt. I lost 15#'s and have basically kept it off focusing on CICO and exercise. That said, it came at a hefty price. This stuff dries the mouth out BAD. I drink a lot of water in general, and I could not drink enough to keep the dry mouth at bay. Unfortunately, saliva is also what helps "clean" your teeth all day long between brushings. I went from never having issues with my teeth to needing $5000 worth of dental work in less then a year because the dry mouth allowed bacteria to take hold and cavities to develop and it just got worse from there. Given my dental history, it's been pretty unanimous amongst my practitioners (dentist, doctor, etc) that this is the result of the dry mouth side effect. So that 15#'s cost me exactly $500 per pound. :o It did what I was hoping it would do appetite wise, but cost me in much greater ways otherwise. I wish I'd stuck to the basics and just fought my way through the appetite thing. It may have taken me longer, but I wouldn't have the damage I'm dealing with now. :s My .02 worth.
  • spikeraw22
    spikeraw22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This deserves a caveat. Not everyone will experience this side effect, but some will. Always be aware of the potential side effects when trying a new drug.

Friendly neighborhood pharmacist.