Measuring help!!

Options
I'm becoming depressed by the scale...its inching up instead of down. However, I can visibly notice how much more muscular my legs are becoming, so maybe that is why? I want to start measuring again but always have trouble remembering exactly where to measure. I'd like to measure tomorrow so any tips or help would be really appreciated! Thanks guys! :smile:

Replies

• wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I took a picture of myself and drew where I measure various parts on it. I keep it with my tape.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I measure the narrowest part of my waist, my waist at my belly button, my ribs right under my best at the bra line, the fullest part of my bust, and thighs/hips/upper arms at the widest part.

Congrats on getting fit! The scale can be annoying, but at least you can see (and hopefully feel) your progress!
  • tgbz86
    tgbz86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Name:___________________________________________________________

Date (of original measurements):_____________________________________

Height: ____________ Original Weight:_________________

Abdomen

Waist

Hip

Inner Thigh

Mid Thigh

Calf

Arm (Biceps)

Forearm

Weight

Abdomen - level of umbilicus (belly button)
    Waist - narrowest part of waist above umbilicus and below xiphoid process (about 3-4inches above belly button)
    Hip - maximal girth of hip, or buttocks-above gluteal fold
    Thigh - maximal girth of thigh, below gluteal fold, legs slightly apart
    Calf - maximum girth between knee and ankle joint
    Arm -Arm in anatomical position, midway between acromion and olecranon processes
    Forearm - maximum girth of forearm, arm hanging downward and slightly away from trunk, palms facing forward
    Arm (Max Girth) - arm held freely to the side of the body maximum girth below deltoid
    Mid Thigh - midway between the proximal border of the patella (upper knee) and the intersection of the inguinal crease and
    anterior midline of the thigh