New to the boards. :)

Options
I joined myfitnesspal a few months ago but haven't been on the boards yet. I really need to get myself motivated to improve my fitness but most importantly, my diet! I'm a terrible junk food addict. I can workout all day long but about 7:30 or 8:00 in the evening, I can't stop myself from going into the kitchen and finding something to snack on. And I know that I buy the foods I'm eating but when you have a family of 4 to feed, they don't want to be limited by my diet needs. So I make sure to have snacks in the house for everyone but I seem to be the one that can't quit them. I think if I can just get some help to stay motivated in that area as well as make sure I can make myself work out, I will get down to my goal weight. Wish me luck!

Replies

• klnguyen80
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You'll do great with support and encouragement from the message boards! Everyone here is so wonderful. Welcome and good luck!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards :)

Is it possible for you to maybe keep some healthier snacks in the cupboard for the kiddies? Also, have a treat at least once or twice a week - thats what I do, but in moderation. Cos if you say that you "can't" have something you will end up wanting it more. I know from experience :/
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I have kids and the hubby that don't want to eat the stuff I do all the time I am sure. So i do still have "bad" food around. I tend to dip in it more then I should. Feel free to add me as I will try to help you along..which will also help me as well. :)
  • hotpigg
    hotpigg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I know how great it is to get and be able to give a good job and support. Feel fee to add me. I have great results working with map. Feel free to add me a a friend
  • change_happens
    Options
    I joined myfitnesspal a few months ago but haven't been on the boards yet. I really need to get myself motivated to improve my fitness but most importantly, my diet! I'm a terrible junk food addict. I can workout all day long but about 7:30 or 8:00 in the evening, I can't stop myself from going into the kitchen and finding something to snack on. And I know that I buy the foods I'm eating but when you have a family of 4 to feed, they don't want to be limited by my diet needs. So I make sure to have snacks in the house for everyone but I seem to be the one that can't quit them. I think if I can just get some help to stay motivated in that area as well as make sure I can make myself work out, I will get down to my goal weight. Wish me luck!

I have 6 boys... 2 who are still at home. I didn't stop buying the things they love... and the things I love... i just have to practice self control :) It is hard, but I am doing it and you can too!

Welcome! *smiles*
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Why don't u keep your snacks in the house as well as theirs. U could do it. U could add me