Gained Some

Options
I am freaking out that I have gained 2 pounds in three days - not sure how to process this feeling. Anyone have any wise words of wisdom for me please.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    its probably water weight
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 7,000 calories over maintenance? If no, it's not fat.

Many things affect the scale without it being fat gain. Are you female? Hormones, ovulation and TOM are the biggest issue. I jump 3-4 pounds the week before TOM. It comes off again afterwards.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Did you celebrate Thanksgiving? If so, it's probably water weight and will come off in a few days when you resume your normal diet.

Also realize that your weight isn't a single number--it's usually a range of about 5 lbs...
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday morning weight was 126.2, my Saturday morning weight was 129.8, my weight this morning was 127.0. I did eat over my maintenance level and ate a lot of sodium heavy foods Wednesday through Friday, but I did not eat an extra 10k+ calories. You likely are just retaining more water than normal.
  • krishnip
    krishnip Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thank you

• krishnip
    Options
    thanks everyone - I just need to stop freaking out I guess.
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't sweat it. Probably water gain. Higher sodium could be the culprit if you ate higher than normal salt-laden foods this past week. I know I did and 'gained' 2 lbs. Drink plenty of water and help flush the sodium out and try to not eat as much sodium heavy foods. You'll be fine.
  • krishnip
    Options
    I did eat ton of salt - yikes!! thanks
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Same happened to me over Thanksgiving. You will balance out again as you resume and are consistent with your diet. No need to freak out.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Where are the people going...... I lost 2 lbs overnight while I slept. :p:p Your weight fluctuates from each point in the day. Dont be worried about that if you are still logging and keeping to the calorie goals. Also even if you have 1 day where you eat like crap, it is not going to do much as long as you go back to clean healthy eating again.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    My weight spiked as well and is only recovering over several days. Cardio helps get rid of any extra water weight (and salt)!