Workout DVDs for small spaces

Marig0ld
Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,

I strength train at the gym with a trainer 2-3 times a week, and I also use the treadmill, elliptical, and bikes for my cardio. But that gets kinda boring sometimes, so I was wondering if anyone has any workout DVD recommendations I can do at home. Or course, there are catches...

-Should be around 30 minutes long per workout
-Should be intense (since it's only 30 minutes)
-Should focus on cardio; I have the gym for toning
-NO 30 DAY SHRED! Jillian Michaels gets on my last nerve.
-Dance is ok; as long as it's not complicated
-Is easy enough to do with a small space. My living room isn't that big.

Or if I'm just being waaaay too difficult, let me know. Thanks!!!!

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Turbo Fire is very intense and the workouts vary from 15 minutes to 60 minutes and everything in between! I do it in my living room between my fireplace and my couch, maybe a 5 foot wide space! You can even see me doing it in my transformation video on my website www.muffintopnomore.com I call myself Turbo Dork! It's totally fun and great for burning fat!
    Risa
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    I got this fun little DVD from the Dance Your *kitten* Off show...it's an hour long and it definitely gets me sweating. I live in a little one bedroom apartment and as long as I move some things out of the way, I manage to do just fine.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Zumba Zumba Zum-BA :)
  • I definitely second turbofire!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Hi:0) If you have NetFlix there are fitness DVDs on there. I've done the 10 Minute Solution: Fat-Blasting Dance Mix, several Crunch dancing ones and Dance Off the Inches. You can also search these on Amazon.
  • starmist
    starmist Posts: 16 Member
    Try zumba (really fun) or bodyrock.tv (i just started on it yesterday and did it in my small room). =)
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    I love the Biggest Loser DVDs. You can customize how long you want to do and includes a 5 min warm-up and cool-down. My space is also small and Bob Harper is realy motivating and fun.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    - "Supreme 90 Day System" - a cheaper version ($24) of P90x, search Amazon for reviews.
    - "SWAT Workout Collection "
    - Does Bob Harper bug you? If not, he got some very good DVDs. Search on Amazon. (not the Biggest Loser DVDs, they are terrible, in my opinion)
This discussion has been closed.