Apple Airpods?

Options
Hey all,

Is anyone using Apple Airpods in the gym? I think I’m about to purchase some.

I use the standard apple earphones, but I find the cable too annoying. (Mine are is fairly old and doesn’t really untangle well).

I sometimes use my Bose headphones, but during a hard workout, a run or a HIIT session, they’re uncomfortable to wear, due to sweating.

Another quick question: What do you guys do with your phone when running?

I feel uncomfortable with mine in my pocket, so I usually just hold it. Are the Nike running armbands any good?

Thanks!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Is anyone using Apple Airpods in the gym? I think I’m about to purchase some.

I use the standard apple earphones, but I find the cable too annoying. (Mine are is fairly old and doesn’t really untangle well).

I sometimes use my Bose headphones, but during a hard workout, a run or a HIIT session, they’re uncomfortable to wear, due to sweating.

Another quick question: What do you guys do with your phone when running?

I feel uncomfortable with mine in my pocket, so I usually just hold it. Are the Nike running armbands any good?

Thanks!

I don't have anything Apple, so can't help there. For running, I've tried an armband (hated it) and a flipbelt (better) but now I run in a cycling shirt with deep pockets on the back. I put my phone in the middle pocket and then tuck my shirt into my shorts. It isn't the best look, but the phone stays put and doesn't bounce around.
  • jenno369
    jenno369 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the airpods and love them! The regular Apple earphones have always fit me really well, the airpods do as well. I especially like that I can wear just one when running outside, so I can have some music/podcasts but still be aware of my surroundings. Hard to do that with wired earbuds, the flopping gets so annoying!
  • jenno369
    jenno369 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh also, Flip belts are awesome to hold the phone. They have been having a great BlackFriday deal, major discount and free shipping
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of bluetooth headphones out there besides the AirPods, so it might be worth a bit of research before you choose those.

I have a pair that are meant for sports that I like since they're sturdy but light, super comfortable, water/sweat resistant, have a great battery life, and allow some ambient noise so I can maintain situational awareness. They are wireless (connect behind my head to each other though) and even though I thought they were kind of unnecessary when I first got them, I use them daily now and I can't imagine going back to a cord.

I have had an armband in the past, but I'm fairly petite and an armband is very uncomfortable since it means my phone is basically strapped from my elbow to shoulder. It's heavy and awkward and I kind of hate it, so I switched to a Flipbelt, which is a lot more comfortable for me personally while running. From your profile pic I assume you're male and so probably have longer/larger arms than I do, so this might not be an issue for you, but I think especially if you have a bigger phone it's worth thinking about.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I love my Flipbelt for running. I've tried several other armbands and belts, but nothing else works nearly as well for me.

I just have a cheap pair of wireless earbuds. They were about $25 or $30 on Amazon and work great.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don’t have the AirPods, but I did just buy some Bluetooth headphones off of Amazon and I LOVE them. Being cordless is wonderful.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @MsHarryWinston Which ones did you buy?