Macro coach - holy expensive! Worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    how much are you talking? I personally use eat to perform - i think its about $30 a month - i get reviewed weekly and my macros tweaked as needed - I bought a lifetime membership about 6 months ago which means i never have to pay again but for me its worth it

a lot... 4 times that for diet and fitness coaching.

whoa...yeah wayyy overpriced...i know triathletes who pay that for their macros coaches - i can't afford it but can't say anything bad about ETP if you want to check them out
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    how much are you talking? I personally use eat to perform - i think its about $30 a month - i get reviewed weekly and my macros tweaked as needed - I bought a lifetime membership about 6 months ago which means i never have to pay again but for me its worth it

whoa...yeah wayyy overpriced...i know triathletes who pay that for their macros coaches - i can't afford it but can't say anything bad about ETP if you want to check them out

Also a good option. At least sidesteel provides a good amount of personal engagement.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What about paying the money to yourself? Have you heard of healthy wage? You sign up for a specific # of months, dollars per month and a weight loss goal. I'm doing 6 months, $25/month and a goal of 22 lbs. but you can do more or less and if you make the weight loss goal, you get all the money plus some. You can make additional money if you sign up friends.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have a coach (powerlifting trainer) and he sets my macros for me as part of my training. But I didn't hire him for the macro part, I hired him for the powerlifting training. I think he's worth it. I would not think he was worth it if it was just for the macros part.

Similar, my PT sets my macros and is also a friend on here so he has access to my diary.
    Occasionally I'll get a little email about my food intake... :(

I find that knowing he has access to my food diary helps me stick to what I'm meant to be doing. By and large. For the most part. Unless, you know, there's free cake. Or cheese. Or wine...
    But I make sure to do my best to log everything. The good, the bad and the ugly. Then I at least know where to point the finger when I'm complaining about why I haven't lost the last bit of back fat!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Not sure how useful that would be (unless they are literally following you around slapping food out of your hands). Plenty of freely available equations to tell you how much protein & fat you should make sure to get, and you'll be the one cooking and weighing and logging the food. I can maybe see it for highly competitive athletes, where it might be custom tailored per one's individual performance and competition schedule, but otherwise, I doubt it would be particularly customized.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Also a good option. At least sidesteel provides a good amount of personal engagement.

i realized how little my last post made sense re-reading it...

whoa...yeah wayyy overpriced...i know triathletes who pay that for their macros coaches - i can't afford it

HOWEVER, I do use and continue to use ETP and can't say anything bad about them if you want to check them out - should not post pre-coffee apparently
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    What about paying the money to yourself? Have you heard of healthy wage? You sign up for a specific # of months, dollars per month and a weight loss goal. I'm doing 6 months, $25/month and a goal of 22 lbs. but you can do more or less and if you make the weight loss goal, you get all the money plus some. You can make additional money if you sign up friends.

I haven't heard of that. That's pretty cool!
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    If you want to pay someone to slap food out of your hands, there's sure going to be someone willing to take the job.

OMG--I will! I am a hella good slapper! :lol:

YOU'RE HIRED!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    We all need help in different areas, mostly our thinking. How long did it take you to lose the wt? I've been on here for yr & half & found my new habits have become habits, as I don't WANT to go back to how I was eating. Also, I struggled through having smaller portions of things I loved & didn't want to give up but used to eat a lot of at one sitting, sometime I failed but kept pushing thru. Now a days, if I have too much sodium, fat or just extra food,(as I did some at other ppl's house) I feel sick to my stomach. There must be some other way to get accountability help without paying lots of $$, some good ideas on here
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There are so many free options out there. Bodybuilding.com has diet plans, workout plans, whatever you need. Google is my best friend, haha.
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What is “counting macros”?