Running accountability buddy?

For the past year I've struggled with running like nothin' before. I moved into an apartment that seems to be a dip in valley. Going out I'm going at a slight downhill every direction and coming back means the uphill from every direction. Not impossible, but discouraging.

I'd like to get back into it, but I'm having a hard time getting back into it. Would like an accountability buddy and someone to challenge me so I can get off my *kitten* and get moving. FYI, this is not my only form of working out. I'm also a Daily Burn subscriber, just want to incorporate running back into my weekly routines.

Replies

• I feel your pain. I used to be an avid runner and when life gets too busy, or I get injured it is so easy to get out of the habit. Now I am also trying to rediscover my love of running. Right now I am learning to run for the love of it. Not to break any records, not to up my pace or up my miles. Just run when I want and stop when I am tired. Once I get over the mental struggle I will start keeping track ( as an encouragement). I have given myself a 6 month goal to easily run 6 miles with a decent pace.
    Damn hills!!! Maybe drive to a trail or somewhere where it is flatter till you feel better about running?
    Good luck and you've got this!!!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    There is a MFP group on the Strava app, there is also a monthly running challenge group under the challenge forum. Both are fairly active.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    There is a MFP group on the Strava app, there is also a monthly running challenge group under the challenge forum. Both are fairly active.

Yes come Join us for the last few days of November and watch for the December link
  • jocan11112017
    jocan11112017 Posts: 21 Member
    Feel free to add me. I’d like an accountability buddy too. I’m also on Strava
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Hills are good training but we don't always want to run them, especially at the end of our runs.
    Is there a park or trail you can drive to or stop at on the way home from work? Someplace flatter than at home but don't forget to run that hill occasionally. It's rather empowering.

Stay focussed and keep getting out there when you can. You'll be running farther and stronger before long.