laughing cow question...

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
I've tried to melt in the microwave before, and it didn't really work, but if I put it on a pizza, do you think it would melt in the oven?...

Replies

• abigailhutch
    Options
    Ohhhhh good question....would love to hear an answer! I tried to melt a wedge the other day on my potato.....it never really melted, but it did mix in well once the potato was hot.....
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love laughing cow!!! I spread it on bagel thins, but never tried to melt it. I'd like to know if it melts,
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    One of my MFPals on here says she uses it to make quesadillas in the oven under the broiler, so I'm assuming it works well for her. Yummy!
  • w_sanford
    w_sanford Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I melted some the other day with some eggs....I am not sure it completely melted, but it did cover all the eggs.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    just spread it as the first layer. I work in an Italian restaurant and we do - pizza crust, sauce, mozzarella cheese then the toppings and then a small sprinkle of cheese on top. no reason you can't put the first layer as the cheese
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    well i think it just gets soft, and then that makes it easier to spread...
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    No it won't really melt like a traditional cheese. I make a quiche thing in the oven and use it .. and it just looks like how I left it but a bit squished? I dunno how to explain it ...but .. once you touch it, it will spread.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    just spread it as the first layer.

That's what I'll do probably.