Plateau...but it's a good thing

Options
I have figured that I have been on a plateau for about 6 months now. I have lost a little, gained a little but no significant loss for at least 6 months. I know that if you are person reading this you are thinking, how is this motivational? Let me back up 2-3 years ago. I have lost about 30 lbs in the last 2-3 years. I am taking it off very, very slowly. I have had my moments during this process that I have thought, Why bother. I have changed things in my life over the last 2-3 years. I am very excited to say that I have run in several 5K. I have done one thing consistently over the last 2-3 years and that is either running or walking. My diet has gotten better. I currently walk 30+ miles a week. I feel fantastic. If I don't lose another ounce I want to feel good about me. I am not defined by the a number on a scale. I can not deny that I wish that I would lose another 10-15 lbs but if I don't I do not want to beat myself up over it. I wear a size 10-12 some women would kill to be that size. I have not given up. I am just happy. :happy:

Replies

• Ravens4197
    Options
    Good for you! You make a good point that sometime sits nto he number that matters, its how you feel, and i think i needed this today! Thank you so much!
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think weight loss should be less about BMI/Weight/and size 0 jeans and more about how you feel and what makes you confident. If you are confident in a 10-12 size and you feel healthy and good, then forget the masses. Weightloss wont stick until your do it for yourself I think! But I still have a long way to go! Thanks for the 1ups!
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this! According to whatever "standards" I "should" weigh about 10 lbs less than I do right now for my height but I have decided to stop worrying about it and enjoy life because I used to weigh 70 lbs more than I do right now! I feel and look the best I ever have and yes I'm not perfect and there is always room for improvement but I'm happy and healthy which is all that should matter :) I recently got rid of my scale after not weighing myself for over a month. I don't consider that giving up either, I just found contentment where I am. Now I am just here to make sure I am still eating healthy and exercising regularly and to support my friends :)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have figured that I have been on a plateau for about 6 months now. I have lost a little, gained a little but no significant loss for at least 6 months. I know that if you are person reading this you are thinking, how is this motivational? Let me back up 2-3 years ago. I have lost about 30 lbs in the last 2-3 years. I am taking it off very, very slowly. I have had my moments during this process that I have thought, Why bother. I have changed things in my life over the last 2-3 years. I am very excited to say that I have run in several 5K. I have done one thing consistently over the last 2-3 years and that is either running or walking. My diet has gotten better. I currently walk 30+ miles a week. I feel fantastic. If I don't lose another ounce I want to feel good about me. I am not defined by the a number on a scale. I can not deny that I wish that I would lose another 10-15 lbs but if I don't I do not want to beat myself up over it. I wear a size 10-12 some women would kill to be that size. I have not given up. I am just happy. :happy:

BRAVO BRAVO (throws roses at you)!!! I love this so much and what a great attitude to have!!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This post is WONDERFUL! Just exactly what I needed to read this morning...thanku so much for taking the time to write it :) absolutely made my day!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You have accomplished so much! I hope that your relentless determination to continue a healthy lifestyle will inspire others to follow your example.

Keep on!
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    Thanks for all the postive comments. I really am working on living postively and not negatively. BTW, I am 5'4" so wearing a size 10-12 is great for me.