Help with night time eating!!

Options
Once I get home from work at 6 I’m so hungry and ready to eat dinner asap. Once I eat my portioned meal for example a salad with chicken or meat and veggies. I want more. It doesn’t fill me. Maybe it’s mental but I crave more food and tend to go for carbs ( my weakness).

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Start counting from 6pm-6pm. That way you can adjust your morning meals based on the previous night.
  • jbm10389
    jbm10389 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat less during the day so i can have some extra calories just in case I get a craving later in the. Also meat and foods high in protein help fight food craving by making you feel fuller longer has helped me anyway.. Good luck to you!!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    If I have potatoes with dinner I find I don't get the late night munchies. I'm guessing it's the starch? Sometimes I'll roast some earlier in the day and eat some as a night time snack. It keeps me from overeating.
  • fritch_gets_fit26
    fritch_gets_fit26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to get snacky at night...and my routine didn't help. I am so busy at work that when I got home I would sit a lot and do nothing...which of course brought on the "I'm bored...what's in the fridge/pantry"...and there is always something worth snacking on. I found that making more room for calories at dinner and changing my routine helped.

I eat lower calorie at work and have bigger dinners now...and I make sure most of my to-do list falls after work. When I get home I usually prep for the next day, clean, workout, and then have a nice evening ritual...usually some hot tea and a book or knitting! It helps keep my mind off food!
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    People here told me i could eat late at night as long as i count my calories and i could still lose/maintain my weight but it didn't work for me. When i eat 5-6 slices of pizza at lunch and something small like plain yogurt + boiled vegetables for dinner, my weight stays the same the next day but when i do the opposite, eat pizza or hamburger at night, the scale comes up the next day.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    People here told me i could eat late at night as long as i count my calories and i could still lose/maintain my weight but it didn't work for me. When i eat 5-6 slices of pizza at lunch and something small like plain yogurt + boiled vegetables for dinner, my weight stays the same the next day but when i do the opposite, eat pizza or hamburger at night, the scale comes up the next day.

Yes, but that may have nothing to do with the calories. Or the long term outcome. Your weight may be up in the am because you're still retaining fluids from the salty foods. Or because your body has not had a chance to fully 'process' the food. Over a course of weeks to months, though, if you keep your caloric intake consistent,

What happens to your weight over 12 to 24 hours isn't typically a good indicator of long term outcomes.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't the enemy, and meal timing is irrelevant. Calories can't tell time. As long as you are in a deficit (either daily or weekly) you will lose weight, if that is your goal.

Personally, I eat 2 big meals a per day. Don't have time for 6 smaller ones.