Chicken,Broccoli, and Rice

Options
I️ was just wondering what is you guys take on the “body builder diet” with basic protein, carbs, and fats. Thank you

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I love chicken, broccoli and rice.. but I eat lots of other stuff too. Definitely not necessary to limit your food choices like that to reach your goals. I prefer being flexible, it keeps me happy and consistent
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A way more varied diet than that made me regain, over and over, so no thanks, I'll eat anything in moderation now.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I could not eat broccoli, chicken and rice or even sweet potatoes everyday. I need variety in my diet.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Add some teriyaki sauce, or maybe some garlic, red pepper, and parmesan and it'll be okay.

Otherwise on a regular basis can be very boring.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I could eat chicken and rice every day of my life, with teriyaki sauce. Soooo delicious
  • DDW1989
    DDW1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have followed a very typical and boring "bodybuilder diet" for a few years now and have found it to be very effective to help me achieve my physique goals. The beauty of this type of diet is in the efficiency and simplicity of it; however, none of that is relevant if you can't stay consistent with it. If you're someone who is happy to eat nearly the same thing most days, you'll probably find it to be fine but if you need a lot of variation it's not going to be functional for you.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Well there's a difference here.

Protein, carbs and fats are macros and all food contains one, two or all of those macros. So you can meet your macro goals in whatever way you fancy. And yes, chicken, broccoli and rice would cover at least a good chunk of those macros (depending on meat you could be low on fats). So you can meet your goals without the typical so called bodybuilder diet.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I️ was just wondering what is you guys take on the “body builder diet” with basic protein, carbs, and fats. Thank you

What are your goals?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Great for sensitive tummy days
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats your boat....
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If that's all that's in the diet, it seems lacking in nutrition.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I actually love chicken, broccoli and rice but there needs to be something cheesy in it!

But those three foods make me really happy.

Not if they're my ONLY foods, though! Bleh.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I keep reading this as "Children, broccoli and rice" and thinking "Good luck with that..."

OP, if you're planning on eating only the chicken, broccoli and rice in your title, I agree with everyone it's a bad idea nutrition-wise and ridiculously restrictive. If you're actually planning on eating a diet focused on "basic" (less processed?) foods from each of the macros like you mentioned in your first post, I say go for it. It sounds healthy and sustainable.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I guess I’m an outlier. I really like repetition with my meals 5-6 days out of the week. I love the predictability of it.