Currently trying to lose 50 pounds.

Options
I could really use some help. And some healthy food choices that'll help me lose some weight.

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There's lots of solid advice and helpful people here. Try starting with the "most helpful posts" at the top of the "general diet" board. Good stuff there.

It's how much you eat (specifically the calories you eat), not particular foods, that determines gain or loss. Eat the foods you like in quantities that meet your calorie goal. Good luck!
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    s_oph wrote: »
    The best thing I found to help with weightloss and to also kick start your metabolism is as soon as you get up, drink 2 big glasses of purified water (or a big bottle) with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon, lime or orange. It helps to rid your liver of toxins. 15 mins later have a freshly made vegetable juice. You could add veggies such as carrot, celery, cabbage, Apple, orange, fresh green herbs (parsley, mint, basil, cilantro, lemon thyme etc). If you have a sensitive stomach can dilute the juice with water. It just helps kick start your day with the nutrients your body needs. Good luck ☺

No, no, no, no, and NO! NONE of this is true. First, your metabolism does not need to be "kick started" in the morning. Secondly, if you have a functioning liver, you are naturally detoxing 24/7 and there is NOTHING a glass of f@#$%* lemon water is going to do that your liver can't. Ignore everything this user has said.

First, look at this chart. Most people having weight loss issues find their solution here:
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg

Next, as suzannesimmons3 said, there are no particular foods that will make you lose weight and nothing that will make you gain weight necessarily. What matters is how much food you eat. You will lose weight if you eat fewer calories than you burn. What foods make up your calories doesn't matter.

Do as ahoy_m8 suggests and check out the useful posts. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them. Good luck on your weight loss journey! You can do it!