Restarting - trying out the Firbit! Anyone else give a try?

Options
fanarad
fanarad Posts: 97 Member
Hey all! So I am restarting this journey and have decided to pair MFP with a new Fitbit! Has anyone else used the Firbit before? I'd love to hear about your experiences with the device!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    There is a dedicated Fitbit group on here with thousands of members.
    I had a Fitbit for 3 years, it motivated me alot, it made me aware of how active I was in general and its only in the last 6 months that I have left it off because I no longer need a device to motivate me - its become a habit to be active.

If you are someone who is motivated by seeing your calories burned and you enjoy competition then its likely you will find your Fitbit very useful.

All the best.
  • msdawnmarievt
    msdawnmarievt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me! I tell you what...it got me moving! Before I slipped up and packed back on 80 pounds, I had a total loss of 203 pounds. It almost turns into a game trying to reach your goal every day. Bought another one on Monday and am so glad I did. =)
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ionic and I like it alot. i do not use all the features yet, but it is just a tool like this website and app and other things like a GYM. If you dont use it, it will not do you any good. Most out there are skeptical of the preciseness of the calorie burns these smart watches and other tell you. It at least gives you an idea of what is going on and track it.

You dont need the most fanciest tech, you just need to buy a food scale and log all your foods. Find out what MFP tells you would be your caloric goal daily and stay within that range.