Organization hacks for weight loss?

Options
I’ve noticed many people describe organizational tips in their success stories. Some people eat the same thing every breakfast or pre-log the day or week. Meal planning has been a big help for me. What organizational tips have helped you to take the weight off?

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have always planned meals.
    I prelog my food for the day every morning starting with dinner. Then lunch, breakfast and snacks last. It helps me make better choices.
    I eat around the same times each day and about the same amount of calories at meals (500 calories for dinner). Having a routine and an idea of how many calories to have at my meals makes it easier for me.
    I have weighed my pots and written it down.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Food scale hacks!

- Gram weight for "Servings" in Recipe Builder. Weigh all your ingredients as you go and add them normally to the Recipe. Then weigh the full final dish in grams and set that as your Servings value. Then when you eat some later, weigh the portion and set your Serving to the grams value in your diary.

Never thought about doing it that way - great tip!

• shangetsfitx
    shangetsfitx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    These are all so helpful! I will be trying these tricks to make it easier for me to stick with my plan. I work early in the morning so I will pre log my day the night before and prep my breakfast and lunch so I can just grab it on the way out the door makes it easier in the morning so I don’t have to think about anything and saves me money from not ordering out!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging: Each day I log what I plan to eat the next day so I know that I'll be at my calorie goal and in the range I prefer for my macros. I also use this time to enter any recipes I'll be using the next day that I don't already have logged.

Meal planning: Each Sunday I plan my dinners for the next week and make my shopping list. I do all my shopping on Sunday evening too.

• LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I make up my salads and bags of vegetables for the week all at once then it is grab and go each morning. Usually takes me 30-45 minutes to do so.

Plan your shopping and limit stops at the grocery store to lessen the temptation to buy extra snacks. They put the candy at the checkout line for a reason.

Make it a mindset to exercise every day. My favorite type of exercise is Biking and last year I rode everyday from May until Mid-November, It becomes somewhat of a game or challenge to figure out how to get a ride in every day with work schedules and weather issues (got wet about 6 times last year). Also during the winter I plan to go to my works wellness center every day that I work. Not that I don't miss on occasion but if you have the mindset to do it every day then it lessens the excuses or the thought that I don't feel like it so will go tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. (Spent way too much time on the Tomorrow diet)

Find a friend or group to be accountable to helps as well.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I plan out my meals weeks in advance, so I know what each week coming up will be like. I also eat the same things daily for breakfast & lunch, dinner I do different stuff every day (but I do plan out all my dinners at month at a time). I prep my breakfasts & lunches Sunday afternoon, then I'm able to just grab containers & go during the work week. It makes it a no-brainer on what I'm eating and saves me time during the week. I've been doing this for almost a year, it's working good for me and my family, so I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I also log everything in the morning, so I can tweak it as I go and know what wiggle room I have.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Meal planning is my saving grace. I prep everything on Sunday - eat the same breakfast/lunch/snacks all week and then have my ideas ready for dinner. If I don't have a plan I can pretty much guarantee that day will be a failure. Even my weekends - I know what I'm eating. It really helps me keep my eye on the prize!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging: Each day I log what I plan to eat the next day so I know that I'll be at my calorie goal and in the range I prefer for my macros. I also use this time to enter any recipes I'll be using the next day that I don't already have logged.

I've dinner this (pre logging) a few times, and invariably lost or forgot my wallet the next day. In my case it seems to be a great fasting tool!
  • willow00
    willow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks for sharing :) I try to cut up veggies when I’m unpacking groceries. That way they’re prepped for meals or snacking. I’ve also been making soup on the weekends and freezing in lunch sized portions. I usually have 3-4 different soups to choose from each day.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas here.
    What's been fabulous for me is meal planning and preparation: really takes the "poor decision, impulse control when hungry" out of the equation. Spend a few hours making delicious food really sets you up for the week
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    every now and then I make a massive pot of something like chicken stew or mince and veg weighing everything as it goes in in the pan.

I then divide it in to portions to go in to the freezer and divide the calories by the number of portions I do so when it comes to eating them they are easy to log as info already there.

atm I have 2 chicken curries, 4 chicken stew, 6 spag bols (without the pasta as like that cooked fresh) and 2 lamb stews already to be defrosted, heated up and eaten...........only thing is Im not the best at remembering to take what I want out the freezer the night before Im planning to eat it lol. maybe I should set an alarm on my phone to remind before I go to bed

I also make 4 days of breakfast oats at a time to go in the frideg, weigh everything in a big bowl the divide in to portion.

Make a big tub of grated carrot, cucumber, celery and onion, each item weighed and then I divide by 6 and log over the 5 days, meaning I have a giant salad that I can pick at as I want when peckish, have with meals etc and know the calories are counting and logged so dont need to worry about checking before I eat any of it