Should I lose ten more pounds?

Options
I am getting so many compliments at this weight, I am unsure if I should lose the last 10 lbs. I am scared I won't feel sexy much thinner, I have already lost most of my breasts. I am 5'4 and 125lbs now. What do you think?

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You have to be comfortable in your own skin. It is up to you.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 125 is a very nice weight, especially if you have some musculature. If you're happy where you are, then go into maintenance mode. You can always change your mind later.
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous in your picture!
  • twinboyz4me
    Options
    I think you look great! I know for me when I start to lose boobage it's time to stop with the weight loss!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No one here on MFP knows you better than *you*! If you are comfortable with who you are and what you see in the mirror - then maintain! 125lbs at 5'4" is a good weight to be - I wouldn't suggest losing anymore than 5-8lbs.....but thats me. 115lb would be on the small side IMO!!

Do what makes *YOU* happy!!!
  • baschmidt2
    Options
    Anything under what you are would be underweight. You look great. Stay as you are girl!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    If you are happy where you are at then I say say there. You look great. Either way I think you will look great.
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    I think I want to see what it is like, but I don't want to have to go through the process of gaining the weight back if i dislike how I look : /
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think you look great Im 5'4 as well and my goal weight 130 which is somewhere in the middle of the range for our height and if you lost 10 more you would be at the bottom or even under that range so I say if your comfortable there like someone else said start maintenance
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I think I want to see what it is like, but I don't want to have to go through the process of gaining the weight back if i dislike how I look : \
    Gaining the weight back is the easy part. Just eat 500 calories over maintenance and you should gain it back at a pound per week.
  • mangirl
    Options
    Gaining the weight back is the easy part. Just eat 500 calories over maintenance and you should gain it back at a pound per week.

I dont want to get used to eating that much :P
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    You have to be comfortable in your own skin. It is up to you.
    this and i think at your hieght and weight thats like perfect = )
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and you are at my goal weight! I think you look great and if you are happy, I wouldn't try and lose more!
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think that is perfect!!! I am 5'4" and my goal weight is 126lbs.. I keep worrying about losing all my chest too. You are at my overall goal right now!! and that is in my perfect world.. That was my favorite weight for myself!! I would be happy if I made it down to 130 actually I would be okay with 134 but if I can make it happen 126!!!!

You are healthy right in the middle of where you should be gives room to gain a little and be good and gives you room if you get the flu or something to lose a little..

Great Job!!
  • k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try this Happy Weight Calculator:
    http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight

But like everyone else has said, it really is a personal preference. I am also 5'4 and really like the way I look at 130. I like to have some curves :)
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My doctor knows me very well and helps me set my goals. Go in for a physical and have a good talk with your physician. They are great resources and more objective than us!
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think you should stay where you are at. You don't want to look too skinny. But, if you would be more comfortable at 125, lose 5 at a time and just see how it goes. If you are anything like me..I normally gain about 5 lbs anyway, when I go into maintenance. I'm 5'4 also and that is my goal weight is 130-135 once I have my baby. You look great in your pic! Congrats on the weight loss and good luck w/whatever you decide to do! Just do what you are comfortable w/!
  • mangirl
    Options
    happy weight said 127 :P
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You look really good in your photo! Either way, you've done a phenomenal job.

How about losing just one or two pounds at a time and seeing how it goes?

Also, do you want to look good wearing everyday clothes or wearing a swimsuit?.... because there is a small level of disconnect in making that evaluation.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    What I am worried about right now is loosing muscle, which is easy when you are already at a pretty healthy weight and just want to get a bit leaner. My current plan is going to be to keep my goal to 0.5lbs per week. Make sure I eat all my exercise calories and get ALL my protein (this is an issue for me). And probably add more weight training to my life. The number on the scale doesn't matter as much, I just want to see the fat in my thighs start to disappear, and my muscles to get bigger! Who wants to be "skinny fat"?