Help please! Really want to get a great lean body!

Options
Hi guys,

My name is Ben and I'm very glad I found this forum.
I'm currently 22 years old, Weigh around 78kg and 5'10 height.
My goal, Is to look like Cam Gigigant body wise
81ngzyhzvdf7.jpg

I would say I'm "Skinny Fat" But want to look like cam. I really need help knowing what to eat and what workout routine to do. So please if anyone experts are here to help I would be so grateful.

Thanks a lot.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Just about every reputable lifting program available is linked in this thread.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • benchitty132
    benchitty132 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Is that the route to go with this? Bulk then cut? Or should I avoid bulking and just cut as he looks like he does a lot of cardio
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Is that the route to go with this? Bulk then cut? Or should I avoid bulking and just cut as he looks like he does a lot of cardio

Maybe just eat at maintenance and see how your body responds to the heavy lifting? After 6 months or so, reassess whether you want to bulk, cut, or maintain and recomp.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options

Maybe just eat at maintenance and see how your body responds to the heavy lifting? After 6 months or so, reassess whether you want to bulk, cut, or maintain and recomp.

This is the answer.
  • benchitty132
    benchitty132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok great I'll try maintenance, I've Been trying to aim for low amount of carbs apart from before and after workout. I'm eating around 23-2.7k calories a day and eating my body weight in pounds for protien
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat? No way!

You can't be considered fat at 10%, which is about where you are.

Don't who Cam is and am too lazy to look him up, but you already look pretty good to me.

Good luck trying to do any better than that.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Skinny fat? No way!

Don't who Cam is and am too lazy to look him up, but you already look pretty good to me.

The pic is of the person OP wants to look like.

I don't think he looks like he lifts much... He looks a bit scrawny to me. How can you tell someone does a lot of cardio from a picture?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Agree.
    Male at 22 and a good weight for your height you are primed for rapid progress.
    The major driver for that progress is getting on a good, well designed lifting program suitable for your experience. You really don't have to do anything fancy with your diet, low carbing isn't necessary, carbs are your "rocket fuel" for exercise and recovery. Carb timing around workouts really isn't going to do much as your body stores carbs anyway and at maintenance those supplies are going to be well topped up.

Cam whoever he is (sorry I'm old!) doesn't "look like someone who does a lot of cardio" - he looks like someone who has a decent amount of muscle and has low bodyfat.
    He may or may not do a load of cardio but that's not necessary to get your bodyfat low.

Worth tracking your measurements and taking progress photos to give another metric to how you are progressing along with how your strength goes up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat? No way!

sorry, but this proper made me laugh!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    OP, keep in mind that you are not necessarily going to look like the guy in the picture because you are not the guy in the picture. Get on a decent lifting program and follow it to build muscle and strength and be the best you.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    He looks like he swims and surfs and gets his exercise by that.

I doubt if he works out in a gym.

He just naturally looks like that.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

He looks like he lifts pink dumbbells! :smile:

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat? No way!

The pic is of the person OP wants to look like.

I don't think he looks like he lifts much... He looks a bit scrawny to me. How can you tell someone does a lot of cardio from a picture?

OIC.

My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.