Looking for Brides and Newlyweds for advice....

Options
Here's the deal... I'm getting married on September 10 (super excited) and I'm having my bachelorette party on August 27.

I have not been drinking since I got serious about losing the weight in May, but I of course want to have fun and make my party a night to remember ( or not, lol) Did you all just forget about all of the calories, sugars and carbs in all of the drinks? Did you work out hard core the week before? I know it's still 3 weeks away but I'm starting to stress about putting all of the bad things that I have work so hard to get off.

p.s Before anyone says just don't drink or only have a couple, that won't happen! Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions!

Replies

• dreamer12781
    Options
    I feel your pain! My bachelorette is Sept. 9 and my wedding is Sept. 19. I don't want to waste months of avoiding booze only to drink it and get bloated right before the wedding... (I guess I'm here lurking for suggestions rather than offering them. Sorry!)

GOOD LUCK!!
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I drank and had fun! You are with your friends and want to have a good time. Don't stress about the cals, sugars and so on it's one night and it won't kill you. Aim for lower calorie drinks if you are concerned, but I would let your hair down and go for it. I did run 8 miles the morning of though, but I was marathon training. It's up to you in the end, but I would go out and have a blast!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My thoughts...ENJOY yourself, one day wont undo all the hard work and dont make it a source of stress.
  • imnotgunnatakeit
    Options
    i just got married may 21 and my party a week b4 that at the time i wasnt trying to lose weight sadly but i really just keep up the hard work. and just keep working just as hard if not harder after. enjoy ur night one night will not kill u!
  • hphurley
    hphurley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think if you're going whole hog - you should avoid the sugary drinks because they will give you one hell of hangover. If i ever go on a bender it's vodka+soda with lime for me.... Just my 2 cents. Avoid sugar so you don't feel like death the next day!
  • boopiejones
    Options
    enjoy yourself. one night of boozing isn't going to kill your progress. i wouldn't make a habit out of it, but one night isn't even going to be noticeable.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on 12/28/10 in preparation of my 5/28/11 wedding. From the beginning I made the decision that there were a few days I would just eat/drink whatever I wanted and not feel bad about it: Easter, my bridal shower, and my bachelorette party. Some events are more important than a "diet," and you need to let yourself enjoy them. As long as you're dilligent with MFP on regular days, a few splurges here or there won't hurt you. If it makes you feel better to workout a bit more before or after to compensate, go for it. Not going to lie, I was totally at spin class on Easter morning.

Also a friendly piece of advice... I really don't drink much any more either, so it turns out I've become a lightweight! I didn't really consider that when I went into my bachelorette party, and that led to a pretty rought next day.

Have a blast and congrats!!
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I say live it up! One night isn't going to kill you. Some of your options may be to drink light beer, go easy on the mixed drinks with sugary mixers, maybe do rum and diet coke or vodka and diet sprite. Also you can throw in a little bit of a longer workout on some of the days surrounding your night out. But most of all have fun! And congrats on your day!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat as well.....bachelorette party (which has turned into a whole weekend) on Aug 20 and wedding September 17. I did try to space it out so I would have a few weeks to get back on track. I agree with everybody about avoiding the sugary drinks, but one night isnt going to make you gain weight back, just maybe a few water weight pounds you can work right off! Have fun!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was married June 18th and I didn't worry about it at all for my bachelorette party which was June 4th. Granted, there were some subconscious decisions I made that were a direct result of MFP (having half the size slice of cake, having more salad than lasagna at dinner, etc.) but I didn't worry about calories or drinking at all. It was more important to me to just go out and have a good time! We all drank A LOT and had quite a few shots but it was a blast and I wouldn't change it for anything!

Oh yeah and I should mention I did hit the gym for a while that morning before the party to try to off-set the night!
  • corbansmom
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on the wedding, of course! I'm very excited for you! My advice:if they get you a cake, DON'T let them send it home with you!!! I gained 5 lbs the week before my wedding and the dress was very snug and uncomfortable. I say live it up for the bachelorette party, wedding, and honeymoon! They are (hopefully) once in a lifetime opportunities and you should thoroughly enjoy them, but back on track immediately after the honeymoon.
  • luthi
    luthi Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. I got married in the beginning of June and was just starting to get in shape. However, enjoy your Bachelorette Party and your Wedding Day without worrying about your diet! Those are once-in-a-lifetime events and won't kill your progress! Just hit the gym a bit harder before and after if you're worried about extra calories!
    Congratulations and the best of luck!