Hitting maintenance at higher than goal weight

Options
2»

Replies

• dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone here. You look like a million bucks! Very inspirational before and after.
  • justkeeprunning91
    justkeeprunning91 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I found out today that I have a stress fracture in my foot and won't be able to run for 6 weeks. The plan right now is to maintain at least until then because I'm not sure how I would fare eating at a defecit without running to give me more calories. Once I'm healed, I'll reevaluate how important those last few pounds are to me. Either way this will be a good chance to practice maintenance.
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Totally feel everyone in this. I’ve been maintaining well between 150 and 155 but I really want to maintain at 140 to 145. While I’m happy I haven’t gone off the reservation and gained more then 5 to 10 pounds because it is sooo much easier to lose that then 20+!

But the number really is arbitrary. My original goal was 125 but when I got to 128 I looked kind of bad honestly. Plus hard to maintain. Who knows my ideal weight may be between 145 and 150 and that’s ok too. Right now I’m just trying to train my body to be happy with a slightly smaller range :)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    5’2” with GW of 125. I’m 63. I’ve been at 129 for 4 months with a 2 pound up and down range. At this point I’m just going to keep maintaining till after the holidays, and try to work out more. Then I’ll work on getting to 125.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 120. I’ve been at 123 for months. I decided to stop focusing so much on the scale (I feel like I have extra fat in certain areas too) and start weight training. I’m hoping with extra muscles, metabolism just might be a little better and the extra loose skin just might tighten a little more. It’s been about a month since I’ve started forcusing more on weight training.