Anyone successfully lose weight 70-80 yrs old?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My mom is 70 and is already down 12 pounds in anout 2-3 months time, she does jazzercise too!!!
  • Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    She is using MFP
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I'm 66 and losing weight at the rate of about a pound a week simply by trying to eat at a 500 calorie deficit. I've lost just over 30 pounds since June.

I am following your lead Heidi.....what is the total lbs you are shooting for?

I'm shooting for the top of a healthy BMI which is about 140 but we'll see what works when I get close to there.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    good job... as if you notice there are not many elderly obese folks around.... just saying.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My 85 year old grandmother-in-law has lost 35 pounds in approximately the last year. She's unable to exercise with COPD, and needing (and refusing) a hip replacement.
  • connik
    connik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 67 yo and have lost 55 lbs in the last 5 months. It was hard. I exercised by doing aqua walking 1 hour 3-4 times a week. I stoped in September and weight plateaued. Am working on losing another 30 and will start walking again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!