Jackie Warner or ChaLEAN Extreme DVD???

Options
Which do you recommend and why?

Replies

• erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I total heart Jackie Warner as a person, but her vds not so much. If you are in good shape, been at the gym a while and know what you are doing then Chalean Extreme. Its a tough workout if you push yourself and go heazvier.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks Erin!!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    If you are in good shape, been at the gym a while and know what you are doing then Chalean Extreme. Its a tough workout if you push yourself and go heavier.
    I have to disagree with this. There are four people behind Chalene during the workouts - two who do the advanced/more difficult moves, one who does the workout using the resistance bands and one who does the novice/less difficult moves. Because the movements are already slow, you have time to perfect your form. She encourages you to move slowly.

As to the original question, I haven't done a Jackie Warner video so I have no basis to compare CLX to that, but I do love CLX. Chalene is very motivating and I just enjoy working out with her!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Which one is less "dance y"???
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme is pretty much NOT dancey at all. It's 3 days/week of strength training, one day of intervals and one day of light weight/high rep and cardio intervals. There is a bonus workout (Fat Blaster) that is more Turbo Jam/Turbo Kick oriented which has some choreography, but otherwise, NOT a dancey workout.

I've only had limited experience with Jackie Warner, but I am, hands down, a Chalene Johnson fan. LOVE her focus on proper and safe form, slowness of lifting, and her energy is very motivating. I've done a LOT of strength based programs, and ChaLean Extreme remains my 'go to' workout.