off then on again...

Options
I fell off two weeks ago. Stopped counting calories, was less frequent at the gym (but I still went 1-2 times per week), and wasn't eating as healthy. School deadlines stressed me out and the hubby was out of town for a week, making fast food suddenly appealing. I am really hoping to manage my stress better through working out, and I can't do that unless I actually go to the gym! :ohwell: It was like a perfect storm that got me off track. I'm back on again, after working out last night (ouch - I felt the absence of consistent workouts, it was not an enjoyable workout!) and tracking my food today. I just feel discouraged as I thought "I'll stick with it this time..." yada yada... I just hope next time I can regroup before two whole weeks go by (sigh).

Any suggestions for how to stay on course in times of peak stress?

Replies

• levjen
    levjen Posts: 10
    Options
    I fell off two weeks ago. Stopped counting calories, was less frequent at the gym (but I still went 1-2 times per week), and wasn't eating as healthy. School deadlines stressed me out and the hubby was out of town for a week, making fast food suddenly appealing. I am really hoping to manage my stress better through working out, and I can't do that unless I actually go to the gym! :ohwell: It was like a perfect storm that got me off track. I'm back on again, after working out last night (ouch - I felt the absence of consistent workouts, it was not an enjoyable workout!) and tracking my food today. I just feel discouraged as I thought "I'll stick with it this time..." yada yada... I just hope next time I can regroup before two whole weeks go by (sigh).

• meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm right with you, and I'm just trying to remind myself that I have already seen changes in my body since falling off that I don't like and there is only one way to fix it
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    after being here a month i had to take my 11 month old daughter to the hospital, We were there for a few a days and when it came time to eat i made the best possible choice that i could from what they offered in the cafeteria. Low and behold i didn't lose any weight but i felt much better about myself knowing i was at least trying to work with what i was given!:bigsmile:
  • levjen
    levjen Posts: 10
    Options
    You both make good points... as it's easy to feel worse when you see how falling off affects your body so quickly. And I could have easily chosen salads or more healthy options when I was in a time crunch rather than fries at the drive through! I like that "make the best possible choice" with your given options... that may just be my new food mantra! :smile: Thanks!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Oh man, I share your frustration. I'm finding it a bit tougher to get off my *kitten* to exercise. But I still have been everyday. IT'S THE CHEATING ON MY EATING-BINGE! It's amazing to me how I can actually rationalize in my head that it's ok to eat a huge bowl of icecream and a mound full of cookie dough. Uggh.:mad: :sad:
  • randierenee
    Options
    I hear ya. I have fallen off track for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I have found that it is SOOOO easy to do. I feel ashamed when I fall off and then when I do come back feel worse because I see all the junk I have been eating and how much I havent been working out. But when I look at where I was and think about how much more I love myself because of the progress that has happened, it makes me feel better. Then I think about how much more happy I will be with myself when I accomplish my goal. It keeps me from going back to old habits.