I’ve hit a wall! Any advice would be great :)

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Just realized it’s been cutting my comments off and only posted like 1 sentence!! Just tried to go back and edit them :)

It cuts them off if you use your own emoji instead of the ones in the tab above.
  • AshMGladue
    AshMGladue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ahh ok I was wondering!! Didn’t realize it until I looked back! Thanks!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Definitely switch those lunches and other processed stuff, like the fiber bars, and eat veggies and fruits. Leafy greens should help you and have some beans :) maybe a (natural, mild) laxative is in order just for a few days to get things going.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    @cheryldumais What do you mean you take calcium to offset it. Offset the magnesium? I know very little about all this.
    I've been where you are. I stalled for several weeks and finally took a maintenance break. After that I started losing again although slower. What changed? I think taking a break works because you can eat a bit more and you quit sneaking a taste here and there. When you get back on track you are more committed. Also it shakes the body up a bit but I still don't buy the "eating too little causes your body to hold on to calories" thing.

One thing I have found throughout my journey is that you need to let off a little steam now and again without throwing in the towel and going back to old habits. We also need to recognize that as we lose weight our maintenance calories are reduced thus lowering the amount we lose each week. Be patient and track your loses. I was convinced I hadn't lost in months recently but when I went back and looked at my chart I could see a very slow decline in my average weight. Water weight happens every time you change meds or any other regular facet of your lifestyle. Even exercising can cause a water weight increase.

As for the constipation, I struggle with it too even though I usually drink about 10 cups of water a day so I use magnesium. I started out with 150 mg. I also take calcium to offset it. I have found probiotics seem to help keep things moving as well.

You must be meticulous in your logging. Remember what works for someone else may not work for you. My maintenance calories run between 1300 and 1400. Most people would say that is way too low but I'm short, old and relatively sedentary. I tried 1550 like MFP suggested for maintenance and I gained weight. You shouldn't go below 1200 but you can certainly increase activity to burn more. As you near goal weight you will find it is a much slower process and what worked before may not be quite as effective. Be patient and keep going. If you eat less than you burn you will lose weight.

@thecharon Way back when I was young I took some interest in nutrition and read that the body requires roughly 2 X the calcium to Magnesium so in other words if I take 150 magnesium I try to ensure I get at least 300 calcium. These numbers may have changed over the years but my understanding at the time was it helps with absorbtion.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    First, have you reduced your calories proportionate to your loss? At a lighter weight, your calorie requirements have gone down.

Second, try "Dieters Tea" by Triple Leaf. I don't subscribe to the "Fit Tea" BS but this stuff cleans you out lol. Once or twice a week I'll have some before bed and by the next morning....yuuuuup; we ready to download. I get it off Amazon but I think Vitamin Shoppe has it too.
  • AshMGladue
    AshMGladue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Thanks!! I bought stuff today to have smoothies in the mornings with stuff that is suppose to help and ill just have that for breakfast! Suppose to boost metabolism also so thats a plus! SO heres to hoping that will help and i will be back on track to lose these last 9 pounds!!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

1. Do you use a food scale?
    2. How much weight are you trying to lose in total, and how many per week?
    3. How long have you been eating at a deficit and have you ever taken a diet break?

In absence of those details, my generic suggestions are:

1. Commit to using a food scale for at least 2 -3 weeks to ensure you are eating the calories you think you are.
    2. Double check the entries you are using in the database, many are user entered an incorrect.
    3. Consider taking a couple of weeks off and eat at maintenance if you have been dieting awhile.

Many people are fine losing the bulk of their weight using measuring cups and generic entries, but once they get down to the nitty gritty, there is no room for error and tighter logging is required.