Waist Trainers

Options
hello everyone :)

Just wondering what everyone’s views were on waist trainers.. do you find they help at all with weight loss?
I have one but i’m not consistent with using it.. Let me know what you think !

PS, Let’s be friends! add me !

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    A waist trainer won't help you lose weight. At most, it'll push some fat from your stomach to below/above the waist trainer (roughly into the chest and hip areas, but most likely to upper and lower abdomen). There are a lot of potential issues, including some damage to organs. I'd just be very careful.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can you send it back?
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Put it to good use. Burn it during the winter to keep you warm! Only kidding. I do believe they will not help you at all in your fitness journey though.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The only way it would help you lose weight is if it kept you from overeating by making you mentally aware and uncomfortable in it if you eat to much, but that would be dependent on you to use the feedback to stop eating when you became uncomfortable. It can also encourage you to be more aware of your posture. However I wouldn't wear it all the time, you want to use your own core muscles. Oh as an aside I am not talking about wearing it so tight you rearrange your organs either, just enough to be a gentle reminder
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    A waist trainer won't help you to lose weight. It won't help to shed the pounds or anything, it might help posture wise but if you do use it you have to be careful with it as it has been proven to damage your organs by adding unwanted pressure to your abdomen and limiting blood flow and oxygen.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sorry you wasted your money - is it too late to return it?
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    No. :)