Binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! All of thr advice made me feel so much better. I do eat healthy foods and have a healthy calorie limit and i don't keep any junk in the house. When I'm at work, school or out and about the temptation gets to me. I could be driving to McDonalds and the whole time I'll be yelling at myself in my head about how i don't need it, but its like my body and mind aren't cooperating. I know it can't be fixed over night and i know i can't keep putting myself down over every screw up, but its such a hard habit to kick.
  • xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    xNausicaa wrote: »
    I can't seem to break out of the binge eating cycle. I eat really healthy and exercise for a few days, then I mess up and eat a bunch of junk. I feel so bad that I go back into extreme dieting again and I start the process back over. I know I'm wrong, but it's so hard to fight the urges. Has anyone stopped binge eating? What tips would you recommend?

stop going to extremes when you are 'dieting'

Not helpful at all. If I could, wouldn't you think i would have done it by now? And by extreme dieting, i mean only healthy and organic foods. I don't starve myself by eating an apple a day or anything.

Healthy??

Organic isn't as good as it's cracked up to be either.

Yes healthy. I eat the daily amount of fruits and veggies, get enough protein and whatnot.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! All of thr advice made me feel so much better. I do eat healthy foods and have a healthy calorie limit and i don't keep any junk in the house. When I'm at work, school or out and about the temptation gets to me. I could be driving to McDonalds and the whole time I'll be yelling at myself in my head about how i don't need it, but its like my body and mind aren't cooperating. I know it can't be fixed over night and i know i can't keep putting myself down over every screw up, but its such a hard habit to kick.
    But we don't eat McDonalds because we need it. If you tell yourself you're not going to do something because you don't need it, your mind can easily ignore that. Some things we eat, do or buy just because we can, and we want it. It's perfectly fine to eat some things just because we want it. But we have to have everything we need, first, and then we can look and see if we can afford (money, time, calories, heartbreak) the thing we desire.