Need advice

Options
Hello everyone! It’s been 12 days since I started my new eating habbit. I didn’t want to change everything at once like “I WILL EAT HEALTHY, DRINK THIS MUCH WATER, WORKOUT 4 TIMES A WEEK” I tried it before and it doesn’t work so I let my body to get used to one habbit first. I feel like I’m ready to add exercise as a new habbit now. Before the eating habbit change, I was Trying to do calisthenics. But I couldn’t do calisthenics and counting calories together. I also don’t feel like doing calisthenics for now. I think I need something like a 30 day challenge kind of exercise program to do with others from the community so that I can motivate myself to go to gym and share it with people. Any advice?

Replies

• UncelDolan09
    UncelDolan09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Stronglifts 5x5. It's a great, simple workout routine, with 3 short workouts a week. It makes you increase your weight every workout, so it's easy to track your progress and challenge yourself. You can set yourself a goal of a certain amount of weight you want to be able to lift, and then work towards it.
    https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
  • merveozyalin
    merveozyalin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Stronglifts 5x5. It's a great, simple workout routine, with 3 short workouts a week. It makes you increase your weight every workout, so it's easy to track your progress and challenge yourself. You can set yourself a goal of a certain amount of weight you want to be able to lift, and then work towards it.
    https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Oh it looks good but...lifting is not really my type of work out. I like body weight work Outs more.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise interests you? Do you like aerobics, dance, kickboxing, running, cycling, maybe something that combines cardio and resistance training? You don't have to jump all in.. start once or twice a week and go from there.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Taking on too much at first can be discouraging. You can start slow and work your way up to a full routine.

When I started the best I could do was walk around the block. I did it every day and after a few months made it to three miles every day. After that I slowly added body weight exercises and then added weights. It took some time, but eventually I built up a full routine. The starting point about six years ago. I don't have any intentions of stopping after experiencing the benefits of exercise.

Building the habit is critical. Once you establish the habit you can modify your routine to fit your goals.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs, so I like to go on walk/jog/runs with both of them! It's really the only exercise I do unless I feel like doing some body weight exercises. I workout on my lunch break though, so between running home, eating, changing, leashing up dogs, running, changing back and running out the door back to work, I don't have a lot of free time to do much else (in this time slot at least).

When it gets warmer and stays lighter out longer, I usually up my exercise to lunch runs AND after work runs :)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    You have to find an exercise program that is sustainable for you.

I like to lift weights so I do that.

I don't like to run so I don't do that.

You should do what you like to do.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    there's a whole subforum of challenges here. maybe something there will be interesting to you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

the month is just starting too, so your timing's perfect.
  • merveozyalin
    merveozyalin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @canadianlbs Oh thank you! I joined to december challenge. :)