After losing 88lbs, I finally see why people look forward to summer

Options
t0m292
t0m292 Posts: 3 Member
I never liked summer, I hated it in fact. The sweaty arm pits, the melting face, the challenge of wearing less clothing in public. I would wear my jacket until the height of summer when I couldn’t take the heat anymore. I started my weight loss journey in February so by summer I wasn’t just happy wearing tshirts in public, I felt amazing and found it liberating and for the first time in over a decade my legs saw sunlight as I had the confidence to wear shorts.

Fast forward 88 pounds, it’s November and I’m a walking ice cube. I have to wear two pairs of socks around the house, I have to wear gloves when walking my dog, I need to wear pyjamas to sleep and for the first time I’ve had to buy a winter coat. At first I was worried, has my body stopped trying to keep me warm because of the reduced calories? No, it’s just lost a hell of a lot of insulation.

Has anyone else found this after a significant fat loss?

Replies

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Congrats man, that's awesome. Same here, I'm so much colder natured now.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to learn I'm not the only one. I already feel colder and winter is just getting started. Best be keeping the gloves and hats near at hand.
  • SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Same here, I used to wear tshirts all year round, aircon would be on constantly and I owned 1 jumper.

3 years later, 70kg (150lb) lighter and Im an ice block. I run my electric blanket most nights to warm my feet and legs, the aircon hardly gets a run (unless Im overruled by the other members of the house lol) and I am enjoying wearing clothes for comfort in the warm weather rather than coverage.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs last year and still freezing lol. Congrats on 88lbs that's fantastic