Lunches for work?

Options
I eat so well for Breakfast and dinner but while I am at work I tend to go out to eat for lunch because I just dont have time in the morning to make lunch. I have been thinking about making on Sundays in bulk that will last the week that I can just prepackage and grab out of the fridge. Does anyone have any recipes for some yummy, healthy meals for lunch?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue if I don't bring food to work. Just takes the structure and discipline to make it happen. It I'm doing more than a protein shake and yogurts for lunch, doing it the night before worked for me. Friend of mine does well meal prepping for the week on Sundays. Have to figure out what time and methods work best for you and make it just as much of a priority as what you eat for breakfast and dinner.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I meal prep both breakfast and lunch on Sundays for the week.
    Sometimes its a meat with veggies.
    Sometimes its a wrap with some kind of meat and cheese.
    Sometimes its a salad.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Check out sweet peas and saffron. She does meal prep recipes and challenges.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a lot of great meal prep recipes. Pretty much you do a protein, a veggie, and a starch and you're golden! It's actually pretty easy to prep on Sundays for the whole week, too! :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    When you cook dinner, make enough for leftovers. As soon as dinner is ready, I portion it all out into our servings for that meal plus individual boxes of leftovers ready to grab for the next day's lunch.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If your dinners are good, would it work to just make extra and that take to work the next day? The majority of my lunches are leftovers from previous dinners. When I plate my dinner, I go ahead and pack up everything else in individual servings and then I just grab one the next day before I go to work.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My weekly lunch prep takes all of 15 minutes on Sunday. 1/2 cup of a seeds/nuts mix put in snack bags. Boil 10 hard boiled eggs, put baby cut carrots into snack bags.
    With these items ready to go, all I do is throw them in my lunch bag along with a banana and an apple. Done.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Would you consider frozen meals with add-ons? I stock up on Lean Cuisines (they're the best ones) when they're on sale and usually have a Lean Cuisine, a big bowl of baby spinach with light blue cheese dressing, and a Greek yogurt with dried fruit or granola mixed in.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't eat a full lunch; I'm not that hungry anymore due to age. It also depends on what you ate for breakfast.

I have an apple or pear each day after I go out for a short walk, and nuts later in the day. Sometimes I eat hummos with red pepper.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of leftovers. I also keep cans of soup and frozen meals at work for when I don't have leftovers.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    some times I just slip a flask out of my purse and have a liquid lunch.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yep. Meal prep. If you need to ease into it slowly, get packaged/frozen meals to pack with you and supplement those with a fresh fruit or veggie to bulk them out a bit. I do a lot of leftovers, too. Using the recipe builder so you know how many calories per gram what you make its, makes it really easy to pack up after dinner and pre-log it for the next day.

Cans of soup. Really anything grab-and-go that fits your calories and helps you feel satisfied will do. Today I had leftover Shepherd's pie, a can of fiesta chicken soup, 5 ritz crackers, and a honeycrisp apple.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    These are all quick and require almost 0 prep
    protein bar, apple, baby carrots
    raw broccoli, can of soup, can of chicken
    2 hardboiled eggs, baby carrots, crackers
    bag of beef jerky, apple, baby carrots
    can of tuna, hummus, crackers, celery
  • MimPic
    MimPic Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I often buy prepared salad bags and cook chicken breast in the oven for the week. Dump some salad, chicken and some nice yogourt dressing in a bowl and you are good! Or cook up a batch of lentil soup or turkey chili and eat that for lunch all week. Budget Bytes has great recipes and ideas for meal prep.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers from the night before for lunches. I pack my entire lunch at night, so all I have to do is grab my lunch pail on the way out the door in the morning.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I too prep all my breakfasts & lunches on Sunday. I eat the same thing each day except for dinners.. so far that hasn't really bothered me, it makes life easier and I always make things I enjoy so I don't mind eating them every day (I do switch it up and do different things every week though.) I love being able to just grab it and walk out the door each morning, I don't have to think about anything, it's ready to go.