Not feeling up to the gym

Options
I was all ready to go to the gym for a leg and ab workout, however i have decided not to go

Replies

• kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to go, don't go. Try eating less
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hey it happens. But why did you decide not to go?
  • hattieandoscar
    hattieandoscar Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Sorry it cut off half of what i said, i didnt go because i didnt feel 100% like its freezing in the uk and i was cold, ill and tired
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I hate those days
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options

Sorry it cut off half of what i said, i didnt go because i didnt feel 100% like its freezing in the uk and i was cold, ill and tired

If your sick stay home and get better and just eat healthy. I dont go to the gym when sick cause I dont want to give everyone else what I have anyways.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    If you're sick definitely don't go, noone needs your germs, if you're up to a workout but don't want to go outside do one at home, plenty of free videos on Youtube.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a trainer, she always tells me to 'exercise the day that you are in.' Even if I am not up to the gym, I show up and do something, or I go for a walk.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    mgalsf12 wrote: »
    I have a friend who is a trainer, she always tells me to 'exercise the day that you are in.' Even if I am not up to the gym, I show up and do something, or I go for a walk.

This doesn't apply to the case of viral illness. If you have a viral illness, you should stay home and not expose other people. It's public health 101.

Additionally, if you have a temporary illness (e.g. cold, flu, bacterial infection), exercise is not beneficial. What your body needs is rest.
  • OuchArtist
    OuchArtist Posts: 41 Member
    Options

You are a perfectionist, seek therapy xD
    Enough said.

But for real, even if you feel like *kitten*, go anyways, someone wise once said "action generates motivation, not the other way around".

Cheers.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you are ill, stay home and rest. If you are just feeling unmotivated, put on your gym clothes, lace up your shoes and go workout.