New scale suggestions???

Options
I currently have a Hometics tile digital scale. It’s a few years old and the readings fluctuate 4 pounds. It’s good for ballpark weight, but frustrating for tracking.

What scales does everyone have and recommend/not recommend?

Going to the store later today.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by fluctuate? Does it display that discrepancy when you step on it, get off, and step on again? Or do you mean day to day fluctuations? I think many scales can do the job; just don't waste money on fat% or other gimmicks.
  • stayoutdoors
    stayoutdoors Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is the one I use. I love it. It's relatively inexpensive. Connects to an app on your phone and automatically updates MyFitnessPal. Super easy.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Nokia scale which I like. It's a wi-fi scale which I have hooked up to here and Trendweight. Of course, it differed by about 3 lbs. from my old scale but I just bit the bullet being as this is the scale I plan on using from now on. I had a little problem setting it up at first because I hook it up through my computer but after doing a little "googling", I was able to set it up. It's probably a lot easier if you have one of those smartphones, or something along those lines, but I have an old flip-phone and I am not computer savvy........lol
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is the scale I purchased. tue4xwymxqvr.jpg
  • Danuelle11
    Danuelle11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What I mean is it fluctuates in the same moment. 4 pound difference. I’ve replaced the batteries already, hoping that would help. But nada.
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My scale will track two differently people. Tells you your weight, what you have lost or gained and water weight and BMI. Electronic, brands Metric.
  • EEAngelina
    Options
    Danuelle11 wrote: »
    What I mean is it fluctuates in the same moment. 4 pound difference. I’ve replaced the batteries already, hoping that would help. But nada.

I’ve had that promblem also, it’s like what’s my weight already!!

• EEAngelina
    Options
    Danuelle11 wrote: »

Maybe it means I need a new scale? Lol although mines only a few months old.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    All digital scales fluctuate up to 1 or 2 percent, it's an unavoidable feature of the way they are made. Most modern scales conceal the fluctuation by having a memory, so if your weight is within a pound and a certain amount of time, they display the previous weight, and appear more accurate and consistent. But they aren't any more consistent, they are just lying better! You can see the discrepancy on this type of scale by resetting the weight while holding a heavy object and weighing yourself again.

If you need to spend money, buy whatever looks best in your bathroom, they are all pretty much exactly the same internally, and a newer scale with memory will at least keep you from noticing the fluctuations. If you want to continue to use your old scale, weigh yourself multiple times each time you weigh until you see the top and bottom of the range, then only record the bottom number. That will trend downward.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have a Withings. It was bought out by Nokia, so it's like the scale pictured above. But it's pricey. Nice thing is you just have to stand on it and everything I look at gets updated, so Garmin, MFP, Libra and Trendweight all get the weight and fat% readings with no effort on my part.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I have a Withings and love it. You have an app on your phone so you can see weight trends, set up multiple users, etc.
  • Danuelle11
    Danuelle11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and got the new scale. It seems that the old one was accurate enough, but because there is more than one user, sometimes the numbers go crazy (memory). This new one has 10 users, tells a lot more info, seems accurate, and it’s pretty. Plus I knocked off 1/3 of the price.