Mid-morning snack ideas for work...

Hi, just want some ideas for mid-morning snack ideas for work. Currently I take a small raisin bran muffin to eat but want other ideas. Something that I can take and just keep at my desk until 9 or 9:30 to tide me over until lunch! TIA!

Replies

• abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    I usually have some hot tea around that time! I sweeten it with a little honey. It makes me feel surprisingly full!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Fresh fruit
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Greek yogurt
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    I have a little container of cut up strawberries or blueberries. Or a couple of clementines.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Granola bars, little baggies of goldfish crackers, nuts, a banana, a hummus pod with some baby carrots.
  • sdogg626
    sdogg626 Posts: 19 Member
    a banana and some dry roasted peanuts and it's so satisfying that I forget to eat lunch!....sometimes :D
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    I personally find things higher in protein to be more satiating to me, so I'll usually pack a protein bar or a couple of hard-boiled eggs.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    My snacks are usually meat, cheese, and nuts. This morning I had a cheese stick and a handful of pecans.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Cliff builder protein bar.

Just finished one.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Popcorn.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Mid-morning hard boiled eggs for me.
  • walktalkdog
    walktalkdog Posts: 102 Member
    busyPK wrote: »
    Fresh fruit
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Greek yogurt

These and/or hard boiled egg
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    I try to have a protein component in both my morning and afternoon snacks. I feel it helps me to keep full. Morning is often carrot and hummus, or yoghurt. Afternoon is ALWAYS a hard boiled egg (they are amazing at filling a gap) and either some low cal crackers and cheese or fresh fruit.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Most days I can make it all the way from breakfast to lunch without snacking. Sometimes I have a cup of coffee. Granola bars would be my preferred snack if I do.