newbie is winded just tying her shoes

Options
Hi all
I am Debbie and I'm new. I AM NOT READY FOR VELCRO SNEAKERS! Looking for all the support I can get. I have been trying to eat healthier over the last few months and have been somewhat successful. Last month was extremely tough. I had to travel 3 nights a week 1 hour into New Jersey and then back for the entire month. I made very bad eating choices. Went for convience not good nutrition. Since then it has been very hard for me to get back to eating healthy again. I have a nutritionist coach I work with every 2 weeks thru my work which is helping but I figured talking to others who are in the same boat and who understand the emotions and frustrations that go along with trying to eat healthy and sticking with it. I fell off the wagon and it took off without me. No I am chasing that wagon to get back on it. Just could use a little moral support.

Deb

Replies

• amberlineilene
    Options
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie, too, and also looking to improve my eating habits. Well, pare down is more like it b/c I eat healthy foods ... too. Anyhoo, congratulations on getting back on the wagon and not just plain giving up. You're a strong woman and I know you'll reach your goal.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find a very supportive group of people here. We have all kinds of people in their journey for healthy living. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained and just plain fun too!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to a great site with great people. I think everyone feels the same way a the beginning. Don't give up and you'll begin to see results. Feel free to send me a friends request if you'd like :-)
  • Sirskot00
    Sirskot00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is a good site. Lots of folk on here that will support you and give you ideas.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb, welcome to MFP.

There's loads of helpful people and even more knowledge in these pages. I'm sure you'll not only find support but also inspiration and drive to succeed.

You said you had to drive and had a busy schedule last month and as such made some questionable choices with regards to nutrition because it was more "convenient". People seem to think that just because we call "fast food" to "junk food" it makes it easier or faster to prepare. That's not true. Browse through the recipes section of the forums and you'll find easy and fast healthy alternatives for almost every situation. The key for me is to prepare in advance and try to eat home as much as I can.

All the best and good luck.
  • jmmccall
    jmmccall Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I understand where your coming from, I have been battling for awhile myself and I work a job where it is very difficult to make the best healthy choices. I eat out way to often and often just go for what is easy! This is a great site for support! Good luck in your journey for a healthier you and hope to see you on here often! I welcome all friend request because the more support the better!