This was a baaaaaaaaaad week

Options
Monday there were unweighed/uncounted pringles and puffed cheetos so I estimated the calories to log.

Tuesday there were dark chocolate peanut butter cups (I didn't need to estimate those calories.)

Wednesday a client brought a homemade lasagna which is something I don't normally eat so I went a bit overboard and then there was maybe half a bag of this toffee and chocolate covered popcorn holiday mix thingy from Whole Foods which went unweighed so I estimated the calories.

Thursday I was still making up the estimated calories for the lasagna and popcorn.

Friday I'm still making up the estimated calories from Wednesday but we also celebrated a co-worker's birthday so there was chocolate cake. Aaaaaand now there was this delicious garlic bread from a restaurant in our building.

I'm not sure I know what I'm looking for here other than I'm trying not to dig into the big bag of peanut m&ms a vendor sent with an order. (I have a thing for the green ones. :))

Disclaimer: The food I ate isn't bothering me. I'm all about cake and popcorn and chocolate and carby goodness. I think it's more the lack of control I had with the lasagna and popcorn (any free food actually) and that it was a whole week of it at one time. And it also means I'm going to have to try to cut out what I normally eat at night since I usually save most of my calories for the evening.

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have had those weeks. Last week to be specific. I do not worry because I know it will not last. For me, I actually am miserable when I eat too much. It is life. Stuff happens.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Bad weeks happen. Life goes on.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Were in the same boat. I 've had plenty of baaadddd weeks being on ww for a couple of yrs now !!! But have never given up. As people tell me --- Don't get discouraged ofa weight gain -- a small loss is better than a gain Don't give up !!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Awwwww thanks. :) Things will be back to normal tomorrow. I just had to get that off my chest.

And, when I saw my coworker leaving, I shoved that unopened bag of m&ms in her hand (she was going to take them anyway but I'd planned on digging for all the green ones first) to get them away from me. I'm selfish that way. :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Just as well you have a lot of weeks left in your lifetime.

Perspective is important. Let it go and move on.

Are you sure? I'm pretty old! :)
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    TBH - Tuesday I would estimate anyway - it's probably not as bad as you think. And I never try to 'make up' calories when I overdo it. I move on.
  • glassyo
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Bad weeks happen. Life Goes On. And you're making it worse by trying to catch up and make up.

Stop trying to make up; just go back to your normal eating and ignore the extras beyond what would normally be included in your normal eating.

First stop the backsliding by controlling the extras.

This is best accomplished by going back to your normal way of eating as opposed to trying to go extra hungry to make up for real or imagined transgressions.

Once you're stable then worry about the rest and evaluate if you need to make changes.

To be perfectly honest by then you will discover that you probably don't need to worry about making up.

Life goes on and all you've done is delay getting to the start of your maintenance date by a week or so.

Oh well!

You always give good advice. I'm actually at maintenance (with the normal weekly fluctuations) but I felt the need to address one thing....I will NEVER go hungry. Ever. I love food and eating way too much. I'm a creature of habit so cutting out some stuff tonight (which probably won't happen or be as much as I should to stay within calories anyway) would have been it because my weeks start on Saturdays.

I mean, I *do* have this fear of gaining it all back (don't we all?) because at one point when I stopped weight watchers (but immediately started counting calories) I slowly started gaining the weight I'd lost back. I knew enough to tell myself at the beginning it was sodium or the timing of weighing myself but 30 lbs later.... :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    TBH - Tuesday I would estimate anyway - it's probably not as bad as you think. And I never try to 'make up' calories when I overdo it. I move on.

Why would you estimate on Tuesday? I had the nutritional info for the peanut butter cups. I only really added those so the week would flow better. :)

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    One bad week? Pfft. Whatever. It's ok just get back on the wagon best you can this holiday season.

BTW lasagna isn't such a bad food choice. Just be mindful of portion size. Lots of protein and so many veggies can hide in there.
  • glassyo
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    One bad week? Pfft. Whatever. It's ok just get back on the wagon best you can this holiday season.

BTW lasagna isn't such a bad food choice. Just be mindful of portion size. Lots of protein and so many veggies can hide in there.

LOL I was thinking about the lasagna and it really does have the 4 major food groups. And I definitely got some veggies in. I just wish my fork gravitated more towards the vegetables, cheese, and meat sauce and less towards the noodles. :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mmmm... cheese :blush:

Sorry... back to our scheduled programming! :lol:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    kenyonhaff wrote: »

LOL I was thinking about the lasagna and it really does have the 4 major food groups. And I definitely got some veggies in. I just wish my fork gravitated more towards the vegetables, cheese, and meat sauce and less towards the noodles. :)

The noodles are the best part, and totally worth the calories.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Just as well you have a lot of weeks left in your lifetime.

Perspective is important. Let it go and move on.

Are you sure? I'm pretty old! :)

So am I. :smile:

I just gained 6lbs in a week due to a very enjoyable holiday. It will be gone in a couple of weeks at most and I will still have the memories of a great time with my family and a bit of a sun tan.
    Look at the horizon and not at your feet.....

I actually thought of that quote last night when my teenage nephews and I went to see the Thor movie, then pizza and then ice cream.

Popcorn, pizza, ice cream and I didn't even try to count - just tossed a quick add of 1500 into my diary. I just figured I was lucky that teenage nephews actually wanted to spend a Friday night with their aunt (and yes, I paid for the movie, but they bought the pizza!). Up about 3 pounds today but that will be gone in a couple of days and the fun we had was well worth it.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Yeah - it's a bad week for me too. My grandson's birthday was Wednesday, then my husbands mother passed away during the night. I've been birthday and stress eating. So far I've managed to go through a half gallon of ice cream not to mention tacos, chips with queso, a huge cheeseburger with fries. The list goes on. The funeral is Monday with graveside Tues so I'll rope it in on Wednesday. Not gonna beat myself up over it. I'll just get back to it asap