Running Goal Accomplished!

Options
katapple
katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
2 years ago when I started the Couch to 5k program, I absolutely despised it for the first 5 weeks. My goal was to just finish. But eventually I fell in love and made new goals. In the past month I finally made one of my goals a reality, to have a 10 min/mile pace feel easy! In fact it's more like a 9:45 pace is easy! Never give up on your dreams, even if they take longer than you expect :happy:

my first race:
62142-2808-006f.jpg

Replies

• txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is a great pace but I'm glad you put it out here so people who want to get where you are see that it takes time. : )
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhhh Katie! That is awesome. :)
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! I have just recently tried to start running again and loving it! except the heat right now is taking it's toll! I would love to be running at a 10 min mile pace, but lucky to be at 15 right now! lol! Great job, it's definately encouraging:) Thanks for sharing!!
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an awesome RUNNER now! Good luck at the 10K this weekend!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This pic is PRICELESS!! Great work!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Well Done!!! Good for you!!!
  • katapple
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an awesome RUNNER now! Good luck at the 10K this weekend!

Thanks Angie! I still wish you were coming with this weekend :(
  • katapple
    Options
    This pic is PRICELESS!! Great work!

haha, thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!